::Leader Board:: Ahnko Honu Takes The Lead Chapter 22!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Pasta maker, food dehydrator, chef hats, bar stools, woks, a complete collection of Iron Chef, ukulele cake molds, ukulele popsickle molds, ice machine, 40 lbs of Garri Ijeebu ( I have a connect for that), spices, ukulele shaped spice rack, serving trays, silly straws.

maybe not a pasta maker, but the tools to cut and shape would be cool.

"See those things at the end of your arms? That's a pasta maker." My standard line when the kids start looking for a pasta machine. I wonder if the grant would allow me to purchase manual rollers. I think the kids might hurt themselves with the kind that attach to the kitchen aide. Even if I tell the girls to tie their hair back there are always a few that don't listen.

It also may inspire someone who may not have even thought to be a chef that maybe using all this cool stuff in a restaurant (as a career) might be cooler than they originally thought.

I still encourage kids to follow their passion, but I also tell them the truth about kitchens. You're not going to be Giada or Tyler Florence. You're not going to start as Executive Chef . . . even if you go to culinary school. Kitchens are not glamorous like on TV and in the movies. You sweat. You stress. You get yelled at. There is a ton of pressure during service. You're never going to be rich.

But if you're doing what you love, and love what you're doing, you're already rich in many other ways.

Hey Gary, how about pickle-ing or canning stuff?

I'm making pickles right now. Sauerkraut if that goes well. I want to do canning to teach kids old school stuff but buying that much fruit or whatever is pretty costly.

I want to teach all the preservation methods actually.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom