::Leader Board:: Ahnko Honu Takes The Lead Chapter 22!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Adults claim that they were told in grade school that they couldn't sing, so they never try. I was an art failure in grade school. Art is hard for me and I'm terrified of criticism.

I was horrid at art, too. My paintings always turned brown. Nobody taught me to let each colour dry before using another colour. But! When I was 28 I went back to college. Guess what my major was? Studio Arts. I had a wonderful professor for my first art class. He encouraged me to do art if that's what I really wanted. I loved him.

I was horrid at art, too. My paintings always turned brown. Nobody taught me to let each colour dry before using another colour. But! When I was 28 I went back to college. Guess what my major was? Studio Arts. I had a wonderful professor for my first art class. He encouraged me to do art if that's what I really wanted. I loved him.

On the 5th grade butcher paper mural I was finally allowed to do the birds far out at sea.

She was seated ten rows back from the engines, I guess. I'm wondering whether or not she was wearing her seat belt. Poor thing! What a horrible way to have to go...

I saw the broken window was just behind the wing. The front of the engine was torn up. I don't know if the shrapnel went out the back, or over the wing to hit the window.

I saw the broken window was just behind the wing. The front of the engine was torn up. I don't know if the shrapnel went out the back, or over the wing to hit the window.

Well the jet was traveling at 500 mph or so - something ejectected laterally at the front of the engine would impact the fuselage somewhat aft of that point.

Each time I fly to Lanai I think about where is the best place to sit if one of the prop blades decides to come loose or the engine throws a turbine blade.
I guess the answer is in the cockpit.

Well the jet was traveling at 500 mph or so - something ejectected laterally at the front of the engine would impact the fuselage somewhat aft of that point.

Each time I fly to Lanai I think about where is the best place to sit if one of the prop blades decides to come loose or the engine throws a turbine blade.

Engine failures like this are extremely rare. Engine installations are also designed to contain the shrapnel from explosive engine failures. Was the passenger who was killed wearing her seatbelt? Report is that she was partially pushed out the window during the decompression. Hell of a way to die.

Learned that the Captain on the Southwest flight was one of the first female fighter pilots in the Navy. Handled the emergency in a thoroughly professional manner, just as you'd expect.

Learned that the Captain on the Southwest flight was one of the first female fighter pilots in the Navy. Handled the emergency in a thoroughly professional manner, just as you'd expect.

I saw that. If it wasn't for her, and her crew's, skill the outcome would have been much worse.

yeah the sticking to one airline is to maximize points. Being in a good alliance works too.
I was American for a long time, they also code share with Hawaiian and Alaska so it worked out.
Stopped traveling as much so my miles expired.
Now I am doing the Hawaiian miles.

American pretty much owns the Philadelphia market, so I've been pretty committed to them (and USAir before them). The good news is that your American miles will not expire as long as you have a transaction with American at least once every two years or so. It doesn't need to be travel; American has a shopping site, and if you buy pretty much anything there, it resets your expiration clock.

That being said, I'm not a big fan of American's frequent flyer program. The number of tickets available for award travel are extremely limited, they are usually the worst flights, and you have to pay a fee if you book within 21 days of your flight. Additionally, you still need to pay all taxes and fees in cash; this isn't too bad for domestic flights, but it's a fortune for international flights.

Here's an example: when we went to Italy, I figured I'd cash in my stash of AA miles. Buying tickets outright as about $1300, and we could take pretty much any flight we wanted to. Using miles, it required 150,000 miles, we would still have to pay about $800 in taxes and fees, and we could only choose from a limited selection of inconvenient flights with with 7+ hour layovers. No deal.

Marriott rewards, on the other hand, is a great program.

Although statistically the position in the plane with the highest survival rate in crashes is the back.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom