::Leader Board:: Ahnko Honu Takes The Lead Chapter 22!

Status
Not open for further replies.
I lurked for about a year before I jumped into the fray and I only saw posts from Jeepers a few times. By the time I started posting a few of his videos would appear here but I don't think I've interacted with him.

He is a real sweetheart.

Total diabetic fail this week.

Two days ago my blood sugar was out of whack and I couldn't figure out why. The next day I took extra care and really tracked what I ate and I took a few of my pills that are supposed to make my pancreas a bit more active. After lunch (2 oz. of chicken breast on bread that tastes like sawdust) I took my blood sugar and it was 228. WTH?!

I dug through my garbage can and retrieved my can of diet cherry Dr. Pepper. Yup. Wasn't diet. The display at the store was all diet Dr. Peppers except the Cherry flavored one.

Diet Vanilla flavor.

Regular Diet flavor.

And non diet cherry flavor all on the same display.

Fail.

At least you found the culprit!

Nanilei always asks me to say a prayer whenever I fly and I always do (right before takeoff) I just say the Lord's prayer, but I wonder if there is maybe a better one for safe travel?

Today I was in row 3 - directly in line with the prop.

Probably the worst seat if one were to give way.

Amazing how close the tips are to the fuselage - and the ground. Much larger diameter then you might think.

This is a St. Christopher prayer - patron saint of travelers, I think. I'm not a Catholic or a pray-to-saints guy - but this seems to work...

Dear Saint Christopher,
protect me today
in all my travels
along the road’s way.
Give your warning sign
if danger is near
so that I may stop
while the path is clear.
Be at my window
and direct me through
when the vision blurs
From out of the blue.
Carry me safely
to my destined place,
like you carried Christ
in your close embrace.

Amen.

At least you found the culprit!

I bitched at the manager about their display and noticed it wasn't up anymore and it was brand new.

I guess a few other people made the same assumption I did but they called back to complain. The manager gave me an 8 pack of Diet Cherry Coke today (I've been going to that store three/four times a week for over 15 years now).

I just made a meatloaf from a recipe from Heart Healthy magazine.

By itself it tastes like bland nothingness. I would have ordinarily tossed it away it's that bad.

In a sandwich, with lettuce, tomato, spicy mustard, mayo and a good deal of red onion it's pretty tasty. Washed down with a free diet cherry coke :)

Heading toward beautiful weather here in Denver. It was 86 at home yesterday and I spent the whole day indoors cuddling a sick Annie. Should be raining by the time I get home on Saturday.

There are too many moving parts! Just back from the financial planner. That part's good, but awfully complicated. We're getting slammed by the complexities of moving, stuff that needs doing in both houses, setting up social security/medicare/supplements/coverage for RL Kid. Both of us are actively looking for blankets to hide under. Mrs Pere is somaticizing her stress. I'm self-medicating.

I very much doubt that UWC is gonna happen for me.

At least the number gets smaller with every sunrise.

Heading toward beautiful weather here in Denver. It was 86 at home yesterday and I spent the whole day indoors cuddling a sick Annie. Should be raining by the time I get home on Saturday.

Enjoy the wonderful world of theological education.

Prayers for clarity to the Père Ohana.
Me? I am just stoked there is only one more day in this week.
In fact I am trying to figure out how to get my last client of the day to be by my house tomorrow, and I think I figured it out.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom