::Leader Board:: Ahnko Honu Takes The Lead Chapter 22!

Status
Not open for further replies.
I usually tune in to the Indy when there's about twenty or so laps left. Some years I miss the whole thing. I used to watch every minute intently but not so much any more.

I've never watched. Cars going around in ovals. Whee.

I've never watched. Cars going around in ovals. Whee.

Indy is different. Not much banking.
Really huge. It is like 4 90-degree corners connected by straights. That place is a trip. Once you go see it in person, see the INSANE speeds they are going, it changes how you watch it. TV kind of takes some of the speed and size away.

Indy is different. Not much banking.
Really huge. It is like 4 90-degree corners connected by straights. That place is a trip. Once you go see it in person, see the INSANE speeds they are going, it changes how you watch it. TV kind of takes some of the speed and size away.

When they had the San Jose Grand Prix for a few years they had stock cars as a preliminary race. Those were sooo slow compared to the indy cars.

"I wasn't always the mild mannered super genius you see before you."

my reply to a girl who is going to be a cosmetologist when she heard that at one time I had a purple and pink swath through my hair.

OUCH! :mad: Dadgumit! Who moved all the furniture around while I was gone?!?!? Hope I didn't just break my toe . . .

You realize you've been gone so long you're going to have to take the updated test, right?

Question One:
If Joe is on a train leaving Chicago at 3pm going 50 miles an hour, and his girlfriend is climbing a mountain in Peru, how long will it be before her cat wakes up and demands to be fed, while simultaneously refusing the food that is offered?

Question One:
If Joe is on a train leaving Chicago at 3pm going 50 miles an hour, and his girlfriend is climbing a mountain in Peru, how long will it be before her cat wakes up and demands to be fed, while simultaneously refusing the food that is offered?

It will take the cat 1.5 seconds to wake up and demand to be fed, and 3.7 seconds to stare at the food and then stick its nose in the air and walk off.

It will take the cat 1.5 seconds to wake up and demand to be fed, and 3.7 seconds to stare at the food and then stick its nose in the air and walk off.

According to the grading rubric the answer must be at least as long as the question. Your answer is insufficient.

Jan! My knitting buddy! Welcome home....

Thank you, Don! What you been knitting? I am knitting on a shawlette and I need to get back and finish the scarf I was working on with Ellie on my lap. I know there have to be cat hairs knitted in it. That makes it special!

Well, we're ready, I think. Elaine's car is gassed up and packed, and the girls have turned in. Their plan is to leave at 6am (although I don't see that happening).

My truck is gassed up and packed, too. I'm planning to leave at around 7:30 or 7:45am. My drive is only an hour plus a few minutes, and the swap meet starts at 9am.

I'm hoping for good weather, and a good turn-out. Good sales would be nice, too, but I'll be satisfied with just a good day....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom