::Leader Board:: Ahnko Honu Takes The Lead Chapter 22!

Status
Not open for further replies.
I actually watched a video of a believer using the eclipse to prove his point the earth is flat. It's pretty funny. Part of his reasoning he uses a lamp and a soccer ball and the farther he moves the ball away from the lamp the shadow becomes smaller.

"See, it's impossible for the shadow to become smaller that the original object. The eclipse only cuts a 70mile wide path for totality, if the shadow is from the moon it would be much bigger."

And the topper, "Do you ever wonder why they tell you not to look at the sun?"

Because it leads to wanking, which leads to blindness?

Last edited:
My kids are writing so I'm surfing.

Check this out.

attachment.php

Attachments

• eclipes.jpg
    eclipes.jpg
    92.9 KB · Views: 23
Last week I had lunch at McDonalds, and got myself a happy meal. A stuffed cartoony dog head came with the meal. I gave it to Callie expecting her to rip it to shreds right away. (She loves to take toys and balls apart. She has little interest in any toys she can't easily destroy.) Instead she looked confused when we gave it her. She looked up at us with the expression of "Is it really mine?" It seemed like she expected us to take it away soon. Once she figured out we were going to let her keep it, she started carrying it around with her and was surprisingly very gentle with it. Two days later she took it outside and came back with a dirty snout. We figured she burried it behind a bush in the backyard. Day before yesterday she dug it back out and carried the filthy thing back inside. She is inseparable from the toy. She will lay her head on it or have it next to her when she's resting. Occasionally she'll look at it and give it a couple of licks. Anytime Cinder comes near her she immediately snatches it up and moves somewhere else, even though Cinder hasn't shown the slightest interest in it. It's rather endearing to watch her with it. Now to figure out how to get it away from her long enough to wash it. It's really gross.

Sounds like Annie and her bunny. I swear, she has never buried it in the back yard, but the damn thing looks like she has.

I have a friend that lives/farms in the Sierra Foothills and stocks his pond with some Florida strain, large mouth bass.

So much fun on a float tube!

I took Emma fishing on Sunday after church. We caught three teeny little largemouth bass. It was a fun little trip - she needed a little one-on-one time and this filled the bill perfectly.

Stormy morning. Thunderstorm began about 5 am and is just tailing off. Probably keep church attendance down a little. Too bad. Preacher is a dork, but the sermon has promise.

Our third-string pastor did the sermon on Sunday and rocked the house. He referred to the Neo-Nazis as "Jackasses...I mean, I mean, children of God." He was brutal and honest and funny - it was fantastic.

I'm pretty sure I will not be able to lift the upper units up onto the brackets by myself. They are heavy, and also bulky and awkward. I'm going to have to ask someone for help. It'll only take two minutes to lift them up there, then I'll be able to work with them by myself.

Maybe the sixteen year old kid who lives next door? I just know I don't need to hurt myself trying to get those up there....

It is refreshing to see someone post this BEFORE it's too late.

I'll be working today, during the eclipse. We're supposed to get about 70% coverage. It should be interesting.

The next total eclipse is on April 8, 2024, and Rochester falls smack dab in the middle of the zone of totality. Now that's going to be the one for me to see....

We headed South to Monmouth, OR, which was pretty much down the center line of the path of totality. Amazing - I was here for the total eclipse in '79, but it was overcast, so this is the first time I've seen the sun during a total eclipse. Truly magical.

Traffic down to Monmouth was a breeze. Traffic home was an absolute nightmare. But it was all worth it.

I took Emma fishing on Sunday after church. We caught three teeny little largemouth bass. It was a fun little trip - she needed a little one-on-one time and this filled the bill perfectly.

It's great that you caught something.

When you're a kid, fishing sucks! Catching is awesome.

This touches on a subject that I frequently muse about, people's ego can convince them of practically anything. People hear an idea they like, their ego tells them they are smarter than other people and thus correct and they agree with their ego. No evidence required.

Thus, our president.

but you know the Smithsonian is in on it, right?
All those same people swear the Smithsonian has stolen/hidden away all the giant bones because they don't want people to know the truth about giants.

Now you've given me something else to google and waste my time reading :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom