::Leader Board:: Ahnko Honu Takes The Lead Chapter 22!

Status
Not open for further replies.
You better hide that uke you plan on buying :)

I think she's beyond noticing. All she knows is that when I go to uke group or the weekly jam, I go into the closet and retrieve a black case. Then I put it back when I get home.

There could be just about anything in there, and she wouldn't know....

My 5th period class is straight out of Cuckoo's nest.

9, NINE, SPED kids and 8, yes EIGHT 504 kids out of 23 students.

WTH?!

I think she's beyond noticing. All she knows is that when I go to uke group or the weekly jam, I go into the closet and retrieve a black case. Then I put it back when I get home.

There could be just about anything in there, and she wouldn't know....

Perfect! .

You better hide that uke you plan on buying :)

Speaking of this, I've kinda started thinking about a long-neck soprano. I've never had one of those. I think, though, that Mainland only offers one in a pineapple shape.

Nothing wrong with that, but that would draw her attention, I think. She's never seen one before....

My 5th period class is straight out of Cuckoo's nest.

9, NINE, SPED kids and 8, yes EIGHT 504 kids out of 23 students.

WTH?!

"Oh, you work so well with those students."

I do.

But not that many all at once. 2 or 3 maybe, but not the whole class. Plus one of them is ED and violent in nature.

I really don't get paid enough for this. I love the SPED kids and I do work well with them but this class is too hyper and they tend to egg each other on. I feel like I need a chair and a whip.

I've never had a class like this in twenty years of teaching. It's going to be a long one.

My hearing test is done, and shows that my hearing has stayed the same. At least it hasn't gotten any worse. I did order new hearing aids.

This pair is more sophisticated than my old ones, as technology has progressed a lot in the 7 1/2 years since I first got them. The new ones have Bluetooth capability! I can pair them with a cell phone, an MP3 player or a soon-to-be-offered gadget that hooks to the TV. I'd even be able to listen with the TV muted!

The new ones are also much less moisture sensitive, and have a longer warranty.

The price is a little more than I paid years ago, but after my insurance benefit it's actually considerably less ($3350).

They're ordered, and I get them two weeks from today. I get to try them, risk free, for 45 days. If I decide against them, I get my money back....

"Oh, you work so well with those students."

I do.

But not that many all at once. 2 or 3 maybe, but not the whole class. Plus one of them is ED and violent in nature.

I really don't get paid enough for this. I love the SPED kids and I do work well with them but this class is too hyper and they tend to egg each other on. I feel like I need a chair and a whip.

I've never had a class like this in twenty years of teaching. It's going to be a long one.

Stun gun, maybe?

Hey Jon, I ordered the Komodo Acorn.

Do you use only mesquite/lump charcoal?

I use this one pretty much exclusively:

63b3c23d-4d06-4dcc-8632-99974c856c61_600.jpg

It gets very high reviews in the lump charcoal database (yes, there is such a thing) and it can be found. Note - be sure to get the one that says "Made in the USA" - if it doesn't say that it's actually made with a different blend of woods (mostly from Central/South America) that don't seem to burn as well.

I prefer to use this stuff for all cooking; if I'm using the Akorn as a smoker then I add wood chunks to the charcoal pile in the flavors I want. My family doesn't really care much for mesquite (though if I ever get around to doing a brisket that's what I'll use); I usually use hickory or apple for my smoke (I had some filbert wood from a local orchard that removed some of their older trees - that was really good stuff!). I also mostly smoke pork - if doing beef besides brisket I might go for oak.

It gets very high reviews in the lump charcoal database (yes, there is such a thing) and it can be found. Note - be sure to get the one that says "Made in the USA" - if it doesn't say that it's actually made with a different blend of woods (mostly from Central/South America) that don't seem to burn as well.

I prefer to use this stuff for all cooking; if I'm using the Akorn as a smoker then I add wood chunks to the charcoal pile in the flavors I want. My family doesn't really care much for mesquite (though if I ever get around to doing a brisket that's what I'll use); I usually use hickory or apple for my smoke (I had some filbert wood from a local orchard that removed some of their older trees - that was really good stuff!). I also mostly smoke pork - if doing beef besides brisket I might go for oak.

Thank you.

I'll need to look for charcoal. I can get mesquite all over the place around here. I think I've seen that Royal Oak at Home Depot.

I tried smoking some pork, once.

I had a hell of a time keeping it lit....

Every time I tried to turn my Kindle to right the picture, it automatically re-oriented it, upside down.

I had to lay the Kindle down, then walk around the table to see it right side up. Where there's a will, there's a way, they tell me.

Nice group, Sally....

Put your finger at the top middle of screen and swipe down. Icons appear. Change "auto rotate" to "landscape".

I don't mean to categorize "SPED" kids, 99% of the SPED kids I've had are wonderful.

Four of the nine in my class are well known throughout the school for being trouble makers . . . and they just happen to be SPED and got dumped in my class. I re read my post and it sounds like I'm dumping on SPED.

I should have said they gave me four a**holes in one class who are creating quite the disruption for everyone else. And the majority of my class are easily distracted.

Sorry for dumping.

7th day of school and I'm exhausted because of one class.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom