::Leader Board:: Ahnko Honu Takes The Lead Chapter 22!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hoping to meet this one...

attachment.php

What a cutie!

I think I need to make the Pere waff-les. What's the recipe and how do you do that? I know it's started the night before and there's yeast.

WHAFF-les
1/2 cup water
2 teaspoons yeast
1 tablespoon sugar
2 cups milk
2 1/2 cups flour
2 teaspoons kosher or sea salt
8 ounces (1 stick) butter
2 eggs

THE NIGHT BEFORE
Stir together the water, sugar, and yeast; let stand. Melt the butter and let cool a few minutes. Add flour, salt, and milk to the yeast mixture and stir until smooth. Add the butter and stir until well incorporated. Cover tightly with plastic wrap and let rise overnight. It will rise vigorously and then fall. Be sure to use a large enough bowl to accommodate the rise.

IN THE MORNING
Separate the two eggs. Stir the batter until smooth and stir in the egg yolks. Beat the egg whites to firm peak (somewhere in the middle of the soft & stiff continuum). Fold the beaten whites into the batter mixture.

Set the waffle iron to medium to medium-high heat. Cook waffles until most of the steam has cooked off. This should result in golden brown waffles. At this point you must develop your own technique.

WHAFF-les
1/2 cup water
2 teaspoons yeast
1 tablespoon sugar
2 cups milk
2 1/2 cups flour
2 teaspoons kosher or sea salt
8 ounces (1 stick) butter
2 eggs

THE NIGHT BEFORE
Stir together the water, sugar, and yeast; let stand. Melt the butter and let cool a few minutes. Add flour, salt, and milk to the yeast mixture and stir until smooth. Add the butter and stir until well incorporated. Cover tightly with plastic wrap and let rise overnight. It will rise vigorously and then fall. Be sure to use a large enough bowl to accommodate the rise.

IN THE MORNING
Separate the two eggs. Stir the batter until smooth and stir in the egg yolks. Beat the egg whites to firm peak (somewhere in the middle of the soft & stiff continuum). Fold the beaten whites into the batter mixture.

Set the waffle iron to medium to medium-high heat. Cook waffles until most of the steam has cooked off. This should result in golden brown waffles. At this point you must develop your own technique.

i just finished but i want more now! Do you use that red star bread yeast?

I'm surfing the WiFi at McD's. It has started raining quite hard, so I guess I'll just hang out here for a while longer. I'd get soaked if I tried to make it to my truck....

I made more progress on the project yesterday. The main partition is about 38 feet long, and has two doors in it. That is fully framed, now, and has all but two pieces of drywall hung.

I also framed a smaller, four foot partition. I can't drywall that one yet, as I need to be able to walk through there, for now....

Then there will be two more walls, which will enclose the furnace and water heater, forming a utility room. That will mean one more door, and two more outlets and a wall switch. That'll be about another 30 feet of walls, total.

I'll frame it such that our spare refrigerator is physically in the utility room, but the doors of the fridge will be accessed from the other side of the wall, in the main room....

Found a problem with, specifically, my phone, on Cricket.

I can't use it as a mobile hotspot, even using apps. This could be a deal-breaker. So, we'd be back to having to pay $70 to have a separate hotspot again if I want to be able to use the internet any time my husband isn't home. Grrrrrrrr.

Okay, so I watched them wash the truck. I may be old, but I'm still male and human....;)

$10? Shoulda given them a $20 Don, at least. A hand car wash out here on a truck would go for more.

Last edited:
My sons 22nd birthday is on Tuesday. To celebrate tonight we are driving up to Katies house for pizza and then going to a movie then back to her house for cake. There's one of those fancy movie theaters by her place with the big chairs and fancy food. On Sunday's they have a 7 dollar special. We are going to see Sausage Party.

Should be fun.

Okay, so I watched them wash the truck. I may be old, but I'm still male and human....;)

Youthful beauty for sure.
You just have to remember, they are still children.
If you have any doubt, just listen to what they are talking about.

Just a thought.

I can't use it as a mobile hotspot, even using apps. This could be a deal-breaker. So, we'd be back to having to pay $70 to have a separate hotspot again if I want to be able to use the internet any time my husband isn't home. Grrrrrrrr.

Hmmm. Seems my phone is exceedingly difficult to root, as well. Bah.

Take a look at Google project Fi.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom