::Leader Board:: Ahnko Honu Takes The Lead Chapter 22!

Status
Not open for further replies.
When a man with organ performance degrees from Julliard and Yale, and 20 years of experience turns up on your doorstep, disappears for 3 months not knowing you're looking, and is grateful because he and his fiancée will be able to worship together and they both thought of the parish as home. Yeah. Good deal is the tip of the iceberg.

Wow. You hit the jackpot!

I've stopped vomiting but it was very bad. There was nothing in my system and I violently got sick at least 12 times today. I have a very bad headache and my throat is very raw. I have kept down ice, Gatorade, water, a few crackers and some bread and a bit of cheese.

That sounds like food poisoning. Had it once. The worst ever.

Going to the humane society today to look at cats. Hope it's a better experience than yesterday. My friend says it's a great place so maybe I won't be attacked this time . . .

I'm going to the weekly jam session this morning, and then to a sock machine club event. We're doing demos at a local alpaca ranch, which is hosting an open house.

Maybe I'll even get a sock made....

Ooo! I love alpaca yarn! SO soft!!

Watch out for the alpacas, though. Like Llamas, they like to spit!:D

Waaaay too involved in youth sports.

Parents who don't step up SUCK!!!!!

. . . so much work because others are lazy.

Catalina. We went kayaking.

He got off in Ensenada, I stayed on the boat and went to the spa.

But Kenvin, in Ensenada he went on a beer tour. They took him to three micro breweries. They were very interesting and informative. And all the beer he could drink. I thought of you; all three places started off making it in their garages.

Nice! Hopefully one day.

Waaaay too involved in youth sports.

Parents who don't step up SUCK!!!!!

. . . so much work because others are lazy.

I wish I had time to involve my kids but I don't want to be the parent like you doing all the work. I am sure some day I will but not right now.

Going to the humane society today to look at cats. Hope it's a better experience than yesterday. My friend says it's a great place so maybe I won't be attacked this time . . .

But remember the cats at the first place NEED to be rescued too. You could be the one to get two kitties out of there and give them a great home.

I wish I had time to involve my kids but I don't want to be the parent like you doing all the work. I am sure some day I will but not right now.

Everyone does what they can. After raising 4 kids in various activities I found sports parents (including cheer moms) to be some of the most annoying parents in the world. Parents that were only interested in their children rise to the top. They were rarely concerned about the entire team or teaching their children about team work. It was ALWAYS about the individual.
I purposely steered my kids away from sports as they got older. I can't tolerate that self-centerness that I saw. Individual sports like track, diving, golf etc weren't so bad. Music, choir, theatre, etc are all good too.

I feel like crap today. Mike ran me a bath the this morning, that felt good, but boy I'm sore all over. My mid-section is so sore from throwing up, I can barely breathe. I'm going to veg all day on the couch.

The further adventures of growing older. . .

I've learned that seasonal allergies can trigger an arthritis flare up.

#gettingoldsucksbutitsgoodtobealive

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom