::Leader Board:: Ahnko Honu Takes The Lead Chapter 22!

Status
Not open for further replies.
One of my kids is insane. Won't listen to a word. Told me she could do stuff without me. I said ok, get yourself breakfast. She still hasn't eaten because the bowls are in a cabinet above the sink.

One of my kids is insane. Won't listen to a word. Told me she could do stuff without me. I said ok, get yourself breakfast. She still hasn't eaten because the bowls are in a cabinet above the sink.

Wait until they turn about 14, or so. You ain't seen nothin', yet....

Last night (I may have told you this) she got on the bed with me and came over with encouragement and laid down for a minute. Her paw is on my leg. Picture below.
View attachment 103277

I wonder if she was abused or just skittish. If I approach her, she hunkers down (but does not run so that is good).

Well, it was a long night and I was wondering if I had made a bad mistake. Beauty (I am still not settled on that name)was going bonkers. (I am thinking of calling her Bonkers or Percy for persistence) I had opened the window and let her get some fresh air. She loved it. However, I could not leave her there because she might push the screen and she might fall out. I'd never see her again. She had been trying to climb up inside the window, too. So, I closed the window. She went Bonkers! She was meowing at me and then she would climb up and try to open the window. She is a very smart cookie!! She had seen where I unlatched the window. I would take her down and she would get right back up. No matter what I did, she persisted. I finally had to put her in her carrier to calm her down. As soon as I let her out, she was right back to the window. She would look at me and knead her feet so sweetly and I knew that darn cat was trying to get her way! At about 3:30 this morning I finally put her in her carrier and left her so I could try to get some sleep. I may have slept for a couple of hours but fitfully. I kept waking up.

This morning at about 5:30, I let her out and she was back at the window. But she didn't try to climb on it. She finally settled down and laid on her side and relaxed a little - picture below.
View attachment 103278

That is another good sign. She approaches me and she is spreading out more when she lays down (not all hunkered up in a ball to look invisible).

I will be glad when she does not hunker when I approach her.

She still has not eaten or had a drink or used the litter box. I went to Petsmart and bought some tuna and a syringe in case I need to feed her. Walmart had something called Lickable Treat that looks like tuna soup so I got some of that. I also bought some lactose free milk at the suggestion of the manager. I bought a crate in case I need to "lock her up" tonight so I can sleep. It is big enough for a small litter box which I filled with clay litter which she is used to (the other box has clumping and has a smell even though it is supposed to be unscented). It has room for a blanket and food bowls.

The manager seemed to think she would be okay and that I didn't need to worry unless it was day 3. I am calling the vet tomorrow for her free wellness check and though I hate to take her so soon since she's been through so much, I want to make sure she isn't sick.

I also thought she might feel comforted having a crate since she was used to sleeping in one at night and it is a smaller area than the whole room. I think I will move it to the other side of the room because she stays on the side away from the door.

She has been under the bed for about 6 hours but she is sleeping. I think I will put a box on its side under there for her.

Lordy! The trials of rescue cat adjustment! It's like I imagine having a new baby in the house feels like.

Yes, it is worth it.

She still has not eaten or had a drink or used the litter box. I went to Petsmart and bought some tuna and a syringe in case I need to feed her. Walmart had something called Lickable Treat that looks like tuna soup so I got some of that. I also bought some lactose free milk at the suggestion of the manager. I bought a crate in case I need to "lock her up" tonight so I can sleep. It is big enough for a small litter box which I filled with clay litter which she is used to (the other box has clumping and has a smell even though it is supposed to be unscented). It has room for a blanket and food bowls.

The manager seemed to think she would be okay and that I didn't need to worry unless it was day 3. I am calling the vet tomorrow for her free wellness check and though I hate to take her so soon since she's been through so much, I want to make sure she isn't sick.

I also thought she might feel comforted having a crate since she was used to sleeping in one at night and it is a smaller area than the whole room. I think I will move it to the other side of the room because she stays on the side away from the door.

She has been under the bed for about 6 hours but she is sleeping. I think I will put a box on its side under there for her.

Lordy! The trials of rescue cat adjustment! It's like I imagine having a new baby in the house feels like.

Yes, it is worth it.

It's a process, isn't it? She'll eat and drink when she needs to. She'll not starve herself to death. The litter box use will happen when it happens, too.

I think you'll both be very happy, once she gets settled in....

:smileybounce::smileybounce::smileybounce:
YAYAYAYAYAYAYAYAYAYAYAYAY! Tuna for the win!!! It was only a 1.4 oz pouch of tuna "soup", but she licked the bowl clean!!!!!!!! So, even though she isn't drinking yet, she got a little liquid in her!!

She is still under the bed but she has been cleaning herself and stretching and she played a little with a pole I stuck under the bed.

WHEW! Who knew I'd ever get that excited about tuna . . .:D

YAYAYAYAYAYAYAYAYAYAYAYAY! Tuna for the win!!! It was only a 1.4 oz pouch of tuna "soup", but she licked the bowl clean!!!!!!!! So, even though she isn't drinking yet, she got a little liquid in her!!

She is still under the bed but she has been cleaning herself and stretching and she played a little with a pole I stuck under the bed.

I love tuna!! Tuna rolls, toro, spicy tuna, blackened tuna. Any tuna I love it.

She's probably just a tad bit shocked. Give her some time to get used to things. She'll be happy. I just know it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom