::Leader Board:: Ahnko Honu Takes The Lead Chapter 22!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sukie I would think you'd pick the strings closer to the saddle for that Troy Fernandez sound :)

Fingerpicking. Aaauugh!

Sarah has me learning "inside out" picking: pluck 3-2-1-4-2-3 under whatever chord I might be holding. My repeatability collapses at about the 6th iteration. I'm such a spazz.

They have closed the road that is the most direct route between my house and the grocery store. That road crosses a set of railroad tracks and a couple of little bridges, and apparently they need maintenance.

I understand the need, and I'm glad the road is being fixed. But, they say it will be closed until October. That's a long time to have to go the long way around to get to the store....

Ridiculous, our county road crew does the same thing, closes roads for 6 months at a time. Ever see that video of the Chinese removing an entire expressway in a city overnight?

Fingerpicking. Aaauugh!

Sarah has me learning "inside out" picking: pluck 3-2-1-4-2-3 under whatever chord I might be holding. My repeatability collapses at about the 6th iteration. I'm such a spazz.

But just think - in a few days, you'll be retired and have all the time in the world to practice!!!! ;)

Ridiculous, our county road crew does the same thing, closes roads for 6 months at a time. Ever see that video of the Chinese removing an entire expressway in a city overnight?

No, but I remember a story from back in the time of newspapers saying that the Chinese and the US built comparable earthen dams in the same length of time. The difference? The Chinese used thousand of laborers; the US used bulldozers and The lowest bidder.

Listening to Tim Ferriss' podcast. Derek Sivers is talking about how Kimo Williams got him through Berkeley School of Music in 2 years instead of 4.

Last morning at the lake. Headed south this afternoon.

I always say goodbye to the place. I never know if it's my last time here. It's quite ridiculous to maintain a vacation cabin 1200 miles from where you live along with 10 other owners. I only visit every couple of years and the upkeep on an almost 100 year old cabin is crazy.

But the emotional strings tug very hard on all 11 of us cousins. Our grandpa built it in the 30's, our two young mothers helped strip the logs. We all spent our summers here as children. It's our history and that history is hard to let go of.

I met him at the festival last year. I'd say tell him I said hi, but he probably doesn't remember who I am.

Since when does "he probably doesn't remember who I am" stop you from dropping a name?

They have closed the road that is the most direct route between my house and the grocery store. That road crosses a set of railroad tracks and a couple of little bridges, and apparently they need maintenance.

I understand the need, and I'm glad the road is being fixed. But, they say it will be closed until October. That's a long time to have to go the long way around to get to the store....

They closed a road that's the only direct route from our place to Sheryl's grandma's and Emma's horseback riding lessons. The alternate routes add a good 10 minutes to the trip. Should be open again sometime next week, I think - it's been closed over a month now. They're building a new high school and closed the road to do utility work for the school.

The school is right on the edge of the district, and because of its location the entire district has been remapped - about 50% of all students will be going to a new high school next year. Also, because of the location, the kids who live in the new development right across the highway from the new school won't actually go there - they will go to a school in a different district and be bussed.

Land large enough to build a high school is very scarce in our area, and I understand that there were probably few to no other options - but this is really screwing things up. Fortunately, we don't live in that district any more, so we watch the chaos but don't have to participate.

Way too many beers these days.

In Hawaii I had a Primo.

Pabst repackaged

Nothing wrong with that. Some of the best yellow fizzy beer comes out of the US. Miller Lite is constantly winning awards. It's just another category.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom