::Leader Board:: Ahnko Honu Takes The Lead Chapter 22!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Going on vacation for your birthday?

Nope, just a family trip. This will be the first year in several that we have not been traveling on my birthday!

Heading down the Northern California coast as far as Monterey then back up the valley to see a play in Ashland, OR, visit Crater Lake, and go to Wildlife Safari.

It's funny I learned that when I was a kid taking guitar lessons. I mean like 9 or 10 years old. It is the ONLY fingerpicking I can do reliably pretty much forever and even up to near-banjo speed if necessary.
I try to switch it up and add melody in there for some songs with occasional success. It's when you have to hit the same string a couple times in a row for melody that my brain spazzes out.

Oh, by the way that pattern works great for "White Sandy Beach" and "Pua Lilia"

Pua Lilia was one of the songs played last night at the meet up.

I brought Choco Mochi and it was a huge hit. Towards the end of the night this pretty old lady that was helping clean up kind of kept the remaining choco mochi to the side near her stuff. They made a call to remember to pick up you dishes or your remaining food if you brought anything so I made a half hearted attempt to look for the choco mochi

"Oh are you looking for this?"

She pulled it out of her bag :)

I was, but you can keep it. I have more at home.

You would have thought I just gave her a puppy!

Nope, just a family trip. This will be the first year in several that we have not been traveling on my birthday!

Heading down the Northern California coast as far as Monterey then back up the valley to see a play in Ashland, OR, visit Crater Lake, and go to Wildlife Safari.

Monterey Fish House and Alvarado Street Fish and Steak are my two cousin's restaurants. Monterey Fish House is the better of the two.

Monterey Fish House and Alvarado Street Fish and Steak are my two cousin's restaurants. Monterey Fish House is the better of the two.

What's the name of that ice cream place in Oakland again? I think the Padre mentioned it - was featured in the end of "Up"?

What's the name of that ice cream place in Oakland again? I think the Padre mentioned it - was featured in the end of "Up"?

Fenton's

You need to sit on the curb and eat just because.

Actually don't do that. Really busy, narrow street.

There's also one in Vacaville that would be much easier to get to if you cross over to Oakland down Hwy 80 from Hwy 5.

We're staying in Emeryville - Google says we'll be about 3 miles from the original.

The lupilin powder is better for commercial brewerys. The stuff is real sticky and is hard to break up. A brewer used it and when he pulled out the dry hop of it and other hops he said some powder never even got wet so it was wasted. But when you make 2 barrels of beer and use 15 lbs of pellets it soaks up a bunch of beer so that's where the concentrate will help out the best.

That would be so cool...but no, we don't know anybody who could get us in.

I don't suppose they do tours for us regular people?

Nope. "Due to production demands and confidentiality issues, we are a closed studio and do not offer tours."

Speaking of which. . .

I told Beau that Gary says hi. He said, "the teacher, right."

Another name you can drop, Gary.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom