::Leader Board:: Ahnko Honu Takes The Lead Chapter 22!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Gary, best wishes for an unremarkable angiogram. Hope you won't need any stents.

I kind of almost want them to find blockage because it would answer why my heart got weaker. Kind of.

If it's not that it's either going to be a previous heart attack that I didn't know I had or fall into that category of "We don't know."

I'd rather know.

Oh, and one of the EKG's I had indicated a prior heart attack but the cardiologist thinks they probably put an electrode in the wrong place at my doctor's office. She said it's a common mistake for go's to make.

I was frustrated I was not losing any more weight in spite of positive changes in both diet and exercise. I now see another 6 lbs. staying away so that's good.
I also noticed when I got out of the shower today some new definition in my trapedzoids so hey SOMETHING is happening.

I feel good enough to start walking again but the cardiologist said to wait until they know what's going on. I think she thinks I'm going to power walk or something. I was just going to go at a slow leisurely pace to get my legs used to it again. I've been a couch potato for most of this school year because I felt so lousy.

Feeling better now made me realize how lousy I've felt all year long.

I was frustrated I was not losing any more weight in spite of positive changes in both diet and exercise. I now see another 6 lbs. staying away so that's good.
I also noticed when I got out of the shower today some new definition in my trapedzoids so hey SOMETHING is happening.

You'll probably drop a bunch of weight at a time and then plateau and then drop again. Just stick with it.

I probably just lost water weight so far.

I feel much less bloated than I did a couple weeks ago and although all the fat is still there, my tummy isn't distended any more.

Just got my test results.

I have a weak, enlarged heart. And a leaky valve. And Afib.

I'm a mess. On Monday I have a consultation for an angio gram(?). They're checking to see if my weak heart is from any blockages. When they do that if they find any they're going to put in stints while I'm already under.

The doctor says she feels good that she can correct whatever it is and get my ticker back to mostly normal but my diet and losing weight are key to seeing my kid graduate, get married, etc.

Oh, and I've lost 21lbs (but most likely most of that is water weight)

I had an angiogram years ago, 2002 I believe. They didn't put me out. They didn't install any stints though. At that time they went through the groin. I hear now they go through a place on you arm? Maybe it depends on what they are going for. They run a real time X Ray video to see what they are doing. It's kinda like the Roto Router procedure in your arteries in your heart.

We got a dusting of snow last night night. Basically on the grass. But I'm told there is some black ice so we should be cautious driving. It's a bit chilly. Ten plus degrees below average.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom