::Leader Board:: Ahnko Honu Takes The Lead Chapter 22!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just gonna leave this here....
For those of you who don't know, Mike Hind is in a bad way.... a REALLY bad way - they had to abandon his operation to definitively fix his recurrent pneumothorax (Collapsed lung) and transfer him unconscious and intubated (Breathing tube/ventilator) to Johns Hopkins in Baltimore by Air-ambulance/life-flight. He is now stable and extubated/tube out BUT is looking at more surgery in the very near future.

The cost - as you can imagine - is horrendous and only partially covered by his health insurance. A "Go-Fund-Me" has been started and promoted on Facebook but I can't see it here.

IF you can help please do - ANYTHING would be gratefully received I have no doubt. Personally I hate fund raisers BUT if there was ever anyone I wanted to help in the Uke community it's Mike Hind....

https://www.gofundme.com/lets-all-help-mike-hind

Feel free to share the link anywhere you think it might help....

I did. Have you?

Thanks for the post Upside down Tim.

I just saw it on Facebook. I will share and give what I can. I was not aware of the flight to Baltimore. PoHoMoJo in full force aimed at Mike Hind!!!!!
Mahalo for letting us know Tim.

We were pretty excited about dinner. The French onion soup was really good. Nanilei's filet was good, the potatoes were good, dessert was great.
My entrée - I really wanted to rave about it but just can't because it was not that great.
Bummer.
Speaking French with our server was fun!
We might go back for dessert and coffee sometime, or perhaps for soup and salad at lunch, but - off to find another spot.

Then we went out to Club Pantaloon's.
Yes, that is how he spells it with the incorrect apostrophe.
It is a house on a cul-de-sac in Kapolei that turns the cul-de-sac into an outdoor club with live Hawaiian music. He does it once a month or so. Pretty fun!

It is a house on a cul-de-sac in Kapolei that turns the cul-de-sac into an outdoor club with live Hawaiian music. He does it once a month or so. Pretty fun!

Thank God the Tiki Bar is open. Come on in and open up your mind.

What an awesome neighborhood.

Yesterday at the tournament James team lost the first game but looked really good in doing so.

The team is all fifth graders and we played up in the sixth grade division. The boys we put together haven't played together in two years, it was an all "buddy" team minus one kid who couldn't make it.

The first game they were a little intimidated by a tall team that had went 8-0 in league and won the last two tournaments. They fell behind by 16 in the first half. In the third quarter they matched them and in the 4th, they dominated but came up a basket short. If the game went another minute or two they would have beat them. They just ran out of time. The kids were bummed for about 30 seconds and then they were running around and playing outside. Great kids who've been friends since 2nd grade.

Our next game we destroyed the other team. We were up by 20 by the end of the 1st quarter so our coach instructed the boys to defend only within the three point line, no fast breaks and walk the ball up if you make a steal. James had a beautiful steal and then remembered what the coach said and tossed the ball back to the kid on the other team. It was hilarious because you could tell the moment he stole it, he remembered he wasn't supposed to go for steals so he just gave the ball back. He wasn't taunting the other team, just a kid trying to correct his mistake. Even funnier, you could hear the other kid say "thank you."

The best part of the day was seeing these kids getting so much joy out of playing together. They had a rough start the first game. They were all playing as individuals. The coach had to call a time out and remind them that they were playing together again. This season was rough for all of them because they were separated in pairs and they had to play with 4th graders who weren't that skilled so our boys did much of the work on their respective teams. The coach said, "You guys don't have to do all the work. Everyone on this team can catch, pass and score. Trust each other, move the ball, attack the rim and HAVE FUN!

They generated quite a buzz yesterday because they played so well against the older kids.

Today we play for "Consolation."

In sleep news:

Still trying to dial in my CPAP (APAP) machine. My "sleep incidents" (the amount of time you wake up per hour) is all over the place from 0.4-17.

Last night was the 0.4 The machine says I need to get a better mask seal so I might have to try a different size mask. So far I went with the "nose pillow" and now I'm trying the "nose mask." I think it's too big though. I tightened the head gear up so much that it leaves marks on my face and it still leaks when the pressure increases. They gave me a large to try. My face is big and round but my nose isn't that big. I think this size rides up on my fat cheeks too much and doesn't seal properly.

I slept for six hours and woke up this morning at 5:00am WIDE awake so I've been getting some work done this morning.

The machine isn't living up to the hype.

I feel a little more alert in the afternoon and I don't fight falling asleep but man, all the reviews I read about using a CPAP machine made it sound like my life would be all rainbows and butterflies after the first use. I expected to wake up hearing harp music in my head!!!

That sounds much more fun than what I did.

Also woke up starving.

We all went out to a Chinese restaurant last night known for its soup dumplings and hand pulled noodles. There is absolutely nothing on a Chinese food menu that I can eat within my diet. I tried to fill up on diet cokes and tea. I tried a dumpling and had about 1/2 C of noodles and some green beans. The dumpling and noodles were good but since I haven't been eating salt, the green beans, which are a favorite, were way too salty. I didn't even like them. I'm guessing even with the small amount of food I had, my salt intake was too high for the day.

I can do this salt thing. It doesn't even bother me any more.

I'm waiting for the watching my calories, carbs and sodium to translate into drastic weight loss :)

So far I can feel it in my clothes, but you can't really tell by looking at me. Down about 22lbs since I started most of which was water. The Endo said I lost six pounds. He was the one to weigh me after being on the heavy diuretics for a couple weeks and losing that initial water weight.

Still cold and rainy here.

I think we're supposed to get a little break starting today. I wish it would keep raining. We need the snow pack and water.

Oh, I hear other people starting to stir.

It feels like I've already been up for hours and hours now.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom