::Leader Board:: Ahnko Honu Takes The Lead Chapter 22!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Seriously trying not to fall asleep in my class as the kids watch an episode of Good Eats.

Self reflection is nearly impossible too.

they don't get why they are the way they are

The very question of altruism is iffy too. Since there can be an emotional payday for an act of kindness (not to mention a grade) the act is rewarded, not truly selfless.

I had a wise-ass seminary professor who would regularly assert that there's no such thing as altruism.

The very question of altruism is iffy too. Since there can be an emotional payday for an act of kindness (not to mention a grade) the act is rewarded, not truly selfless.

I had a wise-ass seminary professor who would regularly assert that there's no such thing as altruism.

Sally lived up here for a bit too.

Sukie lived in Oakland and Sally was in SF and San Jose . . . is that right Sally?

My mom had a successful Escrow business in the 70's through the 80's. She did enough business in the bay area to open an office in Oakland - the Ordway bulding if memory serves - she also got a condo there and she would go up there for a few days every other week or so. Sometimes I went too in the summertime, I think I was 12-14 years old, I used to ride the BART to San Francisco and fly kites in Ghiardelli Square.

Yep. We lived in the Trestle Glen neighbourhood of Oakland for 3 years. Paul worked at Morrison and Foerster in SF. 1982-85.
It is really weird when you find out that people you know shared an orbit, isn't it?

No, Padre. She lived in MIDDLE California.

Nope. I lived in the @East Bay", but since I am not a snob, I said I lived in Oakland. I liked Oakland. Most people who lived in Oakland said they lived in the East Bay. Dead giveaway.

Nope. I lived in the @East Bay", but since I am not a snob, I said I lived in Oakland. I liked Oakland. Most people who lived in Oakland said they lived in the East Bay. Dead giveaway.

Not just because it's Oakland, but the way that cities butt up against each other but you can't really keep them straight. Oakland, Piedmont, San Lorenzo, San Leandro, Berkeley, Emeryville are all smoothed together. If you're giving directions or just indicating where you live it's easiest to say "East Bay". Like I say I grew up on the Peninsula; so much easier than trying to explain Burlingame.

Not just because it's Oakland, but the way that cities butt up against each other but you can't really keep them straight. Oakland, Piedmont, San Lorenzo, San Leandro, Berkeley, Emeryville are all smoothed together. If you're giving directions or just indicating where you live it's easiest to say "East Bay". Like I say I grew up on the Peninsula; so much easier than trying to explain Burlingame.

Burlingame is fancy :)

Did you know any of the Lavelle's (just a shot in the dark but they had a large family)?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom