::Leader Board:: Ahnko Honu Takes The Lead Chapter 22!

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't like him neither. Also Steve Harvey REALLY gets on my nerves.

If I am home sick and look at tv during the day at all, The Ellen Show is usually not bad, and the new show with Harry Connick is decent and he usually does a few songs each time.

But the commercials - OMG - I am NOT anything close to the target demographic, MUCH worse than the ads on night-time tv. I do NOT care about the 40 different companies peddling car insurance, nor all the medications for everything under the sun from Big Pharma that have side-effects worse than the conditions they are supposed to mitigate.

I don't watch much tv, but when I do, I want to throw a hammer at the tv screen because of the commercials that are forced upon me.

Hey Joe, where you goin' with that gun in your hand?

(welcome back)

Also, Mrs Pere got a flu shot on Monday and now has all the symptoms. House is rigged for silent running. No uking allowed.

Going out this evening to a presentation on the political turmoil in Turkey. Mrs Pere & I are part of a dialogue community around religious diversity. We visited Turkey in 2008 as guests of the Gulen movement, the people now being rounded up by the Turkish government. They were in no way responsible for the coup attempt. They are a sizable group within Turkey who represent a moderating balance to the government's drift toward Islamicization. Too bad. Turkey had been officially a secular democracy.

I still wonder why the lightning (apparently) set the smoke alarms off. I hope that's not going to be a regular occurrence....

I read somewhere that certain smoke alarms that have a sensor for air pressure and fluctuations static electricity can be triggered by the slight ionization in the air cause by very close lightning, but it has to be very close, like no more than 10 ft away.

I don't pretent to know exactly how all that works. Something about the "half-life" of something called "Americum" which was radioactive.

Might need lock my door and try to grab a power nap before I pick up James.

I'm that tired.

I split the difference. Two years at home in JuCo and working. Two years in residence 1000 miles away.

I have the firm opinion that a student ought to live far enough away from home that they can't take their laundry for mom to do on weekends. It galls me. We have high school seniors come to our Rotary Club (please don't ask me to justify Rotary). For every one that wants to go out of state there are a dozen who want to go to Univ of Kansas (40 miles) Benedictine (25 miles) or Univ of St Mary (in town). A bunch of myopians being curated by their paranoid parents. Sheesh!
Burnsville noon Rotary gives us $2,500 a year for Meals On Wheels. Whatever they do is ok by me.

We're just one dumb kid away from setting the school on fire in here.

In certain parts of the world that might be considered as 'culling the shallow end of the gene pool' and actually not illegal, however immoral.

So far outside my comfort zone. Chock-a-block with retired military officers. Way too conservative. I never feel safe there.

I understand that. This one is not like that. They're super. Okay, the police chief makes me nervous as I always have illegal substances in my purse, but they are really nice. Does your group do the dollar fine thing? They have to pay a dollar if they did just about anything. It's my favourite part of the meeting. I won the raffle once.

I split the difference. Two years at home in JuCo and working. Two years in residence 1000 miles away.

I have the firm opinion that a student ought to live far enough away from home that they can't take their laundry for mom to do on weekends. It galls me. We have high school seniors come to our Rotary Club (please don't ask me to justify Rotary). For every one that wants to go out of state there are a dozen who want to go to Univ of Kansas (40 miles) Benedictine (25 miles) or Univ of St Mary (in town). A bunch of myopians being curated by their paranoid parents. Sheesh!
OK so get this:
I was doing the laundry and the dishes and the vacuuming and stuff around the house since I was a kid. Mom called me Cinderfella. I had food in the fridge, gas in the car, and a roof over my head so I did not complain. When I did move out I took care of that stuff on my own I had those skills, and even if I did bring the wash home occasionally *I* was running the machines.

What is the point of all this?
A few years ago I was visiting my mom when she lived in Vista, which is about 120 miles south of Hollywood. I saw a brown cardboard moving box in the corner in the laundry room with men's clothing in it. I asked mom, "Hey, what is that stuff?" and she replied, "Oh, that's P___'s laundry, he sends it down and I do it for him."

WHAAAAAAAAAT?

My FIFTY YEAR OLD BROTHER IS MAILING HIS LAUNDRY TO MY EIGHTY YEAR OLD MOTHER?!?!?!??!?!

I just about blew a gasket. Unreal.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom