::Leader Board:: Ahnko Honu Takes The Lead Chapter 22!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Your neighborhood has a gate. How is the riffraff getting in?

They are sneaky, they tailgate in ALL the time. I have been almost rear ended multiple times. I'm always very happy when the gate comes down on their car.

Yes that's evil of me.

Self reflection is nearly impossible too.

they don't get why they are the way they are
my sister said this once about teenagers and I think it fits.

"They are trying on everything they aren't going to be."

Sally lived up here for a bit too.

Sukie lived in Oakland and Sally was in SF and San Jose . . . is that right Sally?

Well, the company transfered me to a store in SJ, but I lived in hotels for two months. Within that time they transfered me to a store in SF. I eventually worked in that store and lived in Foster City.

Matt's art teacher told me tonight that yesterday Matt said, "Mr. Miller, if you die, can you leave me all your money?", he replied, "Sorry Matt I have a family", Matt replied, "Ok, half"

So, I haven't been playing my Pono because it is in the case and I am afraid if I open the case it will crack because the humidity is dropping now (yeah, probably won't happen but . . . ) I have an Oasis humidifier thingy to go in the case and I have filled it with water, but I am afraid to put it in the Pono because I am afraid it will get too moist and the uke and case will get moldy.

AUGH!!!!! I drive myself crazy sometimes!!!!!

On a good note, I sold some books back to Amazon and have ordered a Christmas uke book and a Hymn Fake book with chords in it. AND I can play Amazing Grace and Kumbayah (not correct spelling) without having the music in front of me!

Yeah, neither song it complicated but still, I have them memorized - which I didn't think I could do!

I can only find it in K-cups and I don't have a Kureig so I haven't had it yet.

I did buy more DD coffee. Tastes a little "sour" to me when it gets cold but I like it otherwise.

So far just K-cups here too.

I understand that. This one is not like that. They're super. Okay, the police chief makes me nervous as I always have illegal substances in my purse, but they are really nice. Does your group do the dollar fine thing? They have to pay a dollar if they did just about anything. It's my favourite part of the meeting. I won the raffle once.

No fines in our club. We do have a voluntary raffle. Cash goes to charities, so it's all good.

OK so get this:
I was doing the laundry and the dishes and the vacuuming and stuff around the house since I was a kid. Mom called me Cinderfella. I had food in the fridge, gas in the car, and a roof over my head so I did not complain. When I did move out I took care of that stuff on my own I had those skills, and even if I did bring the wash home occasionally *I* was running the machines.

What is the point of all this?
A few years ago I was visiting my mom when she lived in Vista, which is about 120 miles south of Hollywood. I saw a brown cardboard moving box in the corner in the laundry room with men's clothing in it. I asked mom, "Hey, what is that stuff?" and she replied, "Oh, that's P___'s laundry, he sends it down and I do it for him."

WHAAAAAAAAAT?

My FIFTY YEAR OLD BROTHER IS MAILING HIS LAUNDRY TO MY EIGHTY YEAR OLD MOTHER?!?!?!??!?!

I just about blew a gasket. Unreal.

That's way to co-dependent and enabling.

So, I haven't been playing my Pono because it is in the case and I am afraid if I open the case it will crack because the humidity is dropping now (yeah, probably won't happen but . . . ) I have an Oasis humidifier thingy to go in the case and I have filled it with water, but I am afraid to put it in the Pono because I am afraid it will get too moist and the uke and case will get moldy.

On a good note, I sold some books back to Amazon and have ordered a Christmas uke book and a Hymn Fake book with chords in it. AND I can play Amazing Grace and Kumbayah (not correct spelling) without having the music in front of me!

Yeah, neither song it complicated but still, I have them memorized - which I didn't think I could do!

Use distilled or deionized water. The humidifier will last longer.

PLAY YOUR DAMN UKE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Good for you getting some songs under your belt. Every one you learn makes the next one easier.

I have several solid wood ukes: KoAloha, Imua, Pono, and Martin. Our humidity swings from 70% down to 15%. I use Oasis humidifiers. I play my ukes. Get over it, please.

Hello
Listen carefully....

OPEN YOU UKE CASE.....

REMOVE your uke...
Tune your uke....
Play your uke - Enjoy....

When finished place the uke back in the case.
Place the Oasis humidifier in case with uke
Close case.

WAIT approx 1-24 hours....

Repeat process.

EVERYTHING WILL BE OK....

I promise....

Well...it sounds like a formula for a fistfight to me. Especially on a 34 degree rainy December 23 evening when I just have that last present to get and there are no other spaces available and the a-hole is standing in this space simply so the car can be moved closer from the outskirts of the parking lot because they can't be troubled to carry their packages ALL THE WAY OUT THERE when they're done shopping but because of all the parking lot vampires I can't get that space they just vacated because some guy in a jacked up Dodge Hemi pickup rolled into it as soon as it was vacated, leaving me angry, frustrated, and buying a 6 pack of cough syrup at 7-11 for Sheryl for Christmas because some people JUST CAN'T FIND THE DAMN CHRISTMAS SPIRIT.

So yeah, I think it's a bit rude.

No no Jon, tell us what you REALLY think :D

Play the dang thing. It'll be fine.

:eek: Did you just YELL at me and CURSE?!?!?!? Well, I never!!

:biglaugh:

OK, ok! Don't have a stroke! I'll play the damn thing! :p (Yeah, and I'll also try changing the strings because I don't like the stock ones that came on it).

Yep, I put distilled water in the Oasis (Oh, yeah! That's a good name for those things! Oasis - desert . . .) And YAY for each song I learn making the others easier! Woohoo!

OK, got to hit the sack. 5:30 comes early . . . BUT I am going to play a song on my Pono before I go to bed.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom