::Leader Board:: Ahnko Honu Takes The Lead Chapter 22!

Status
Not open for further replies.
No. The pig gets up in the end.

OK...am going to say it...I wish our country would wake up. More to the point, legislators. Sorry. I try not to be political on public forums, but am angry that we keep having to bury young people due to this type of violence.

The kids are also writing to our local congressman right now, even though he's pretty vocal that something needs to be done, that they want change.

We had a really good discussion this morning and they got a lot of their chests.

They even thanked me for letting them talk about it during class time.

The kids are also writing to our local congressman right now, even though he's pretty vocal that something needs to be done, that they want change.

We had a really good discussion this morning and they got a lot of their chests.

They even thanked me for letting them talk about it during class time.

That's what good teacher's do. They don't ignore the 500 pound gorilla in the room. They address it! Thank you for giving the children a safe place to express themselves.

Aloha Kakahiaka!
Had a great time at dinner last night.
It was her treat! We went to Haleiwa Beach House (formerly Jameson's) and had a lovely dinner.
I had tuna tartare with avocado and a mustard emulsion that was really good, and a New York steak and garlic mashed potatoes that was - well the potatoes were great (I kind of think my steak is better most of the time I order steak in a restaurant) as there was no fish on offer that excited me.
Nanilei had braised short ribs that were super good.
We both brought home half our meals and still left feeling full.
We also had a couple of Lilikoi mules that were just super good, vodka, ginger beer, passion fruit purée, lime and mint really tasty. If it were not on the North Shore and raining I might have had more of them...
Kona coffee and chocolate cake for dessert, which we also brought home half of.
We left there with what felt like more than we ordered in two doggie bags.
I was pleased I was able to wear a nice silk aloha shirt -
one that I thought no longer fit me - and it does again!
OK gotta get ready to drive to town.
Ukulele Guild of Hawaii meeting after work tonight.

OK...am going to say it...I wish our country would wake up. More to the point, legislators. Sorry. I try not to be political on public forums, but am angry that we keep having to bury young people due to this type of violence.

They know, they just don't care. Money from the NRA is more important to them.

Morning kids.

I might need back in FED. :)

Tracking calories, carbs and salt. Right now I've been instructed to reduce salt with "more severe" changes to come after they figure out the condition of my heart and what treatment to go with. Apparently there is much different treatment for a weak heart than one that is "thick walled."

So anyhow, I changed it up from toast with peanut butter or avacado to a cup of cottage cheese with a cup of fresh fruit this morning. Right about or under 300 calories. plus my coffee but I didn't bother looking that up since I know it's not 200 calories.

Oh yeah, I didn't drop in last night.

So the heart doc said she could hear "extra" beats when listening to my heart. I asked if that's why I dance the way I do and she laughed at that stupid joke. Young, expecting a child soon, aggressive in treatment. Like my new endo guy she feels that my condition might be "fixable" when they find the cause. I will always be considered CHF but she feels like if she can find a cause she can find a fix. So next week I have another EKG and an ultrasound scheduled. Once they can determine if my heart is weak or thick (ultrasound). I might be given other tests (stress test, x-ray with dye, etc.)

She also further eliminated some of medications saying that I'm being over medicated by my gp which is what the endo said too. It gave me confidence in both of them when she said she looked at my file and then called his office to confer with him about meds.

Oh yeah, I didn't drop in last night.

So the heart doc said she could hear "extra" beats when listening to my heart. I asked if that's why I dance the way I do and she laughed at that stupid joke. Young, expecting a child soon, aggressive in treatment. Like my new endo guy she feels that my condition might be "fixable" when they find the cause. I will always be considered CHF but she feels like if she can find a cause she can find a fix. So next week I have another EKG and an ultrasound scheduled. Once they can determine if my heart is weak or thick (ultrasound). I might be given other tests (stress test, x-ray with dye, etc.)

She also further eliminated some of medications saying that I'm being over medicated by my gp which is what the endo said too. It gave me confidence in both of them when she said she looked at my file and then called his office to confer with him about meds.

Hell yeah, they sound decent.

I might need back in FED. :)

So anyhow, I changed it up from toast with peanut butter or avacado to a cup of cottage cheese with a cup of fresh fruit this morning. Right about or under 300 calories. plus my coffee but I didn't bother looking that up since I know it's not 200 calories.

What's next flannel shirts and cold brew coffee?

Last edited:
I'm hungry.

I need to figure out snacks that I can eat and that I will eat.

Being this hungry makes it too tempting to grab whatever to satiate my hunger and not think about the calories or carbs.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom