::Leader Board:: Ahnko Honu Takes The Lead Chapter 22!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Pen snob PoHos . . . are there special nibs for lefties? Is there a need for special nibs for lefties?

My son looks like he's been playing with coal all day. His hands are covered in black ink.

Phew. I'm thinking this must be a calligraphy pen/dip pen.

This isn't really pen snob territory - fountain pens and dip calligraphy pens are similar in the nibs but really different beasts. I bet the Padre will be the most help here - he has pretty writing and knows his stuff.

Phew. I'm thinking this must be a calligraphy pen/dip pen.

This isn't really pen snob territory - fountain pens and dip calligraphy pens are similar in the nibs but really different beasts. I bet the Padre will be the most help here - he has pretty writing and knows his stuff.

I like the way they write.

Might have to step up and snob up :)

And Gary - in reply to your earlier question. Yes, there are nibs for fountain pens that will work better for lefties (if you're looking for a chisel-tipped type pen that will write with line variation). But you won't find them for cheapie pens.

I like the way they write.

Might have to step up and snob up :)

Check out Pilot Metropolitans. Not hideously expensive and they are really nice. Or the Lamy Safari - similar price but nibs are interchangeable.

And Gary - in reply to your earlier question. Yes, there are nibs for fountain pens that will work better for lefties (if you're looking for a chisel-tipped type pen that will write with line variation). But you won't find them for cheapie pens.

Nibs? Is that short for nipple???

Check out Pilot Metropolitans. Not hideously expensive and they are really nice. Or the Lamy Safari - similar price but nibs are interchangeable.

Thank you.

Will do.

I'm going to start writing little notes of encouragement to students like I used to do when I first started teaching. I think that's a big part of what made me successful at the start. That little extra that established a deeper connection to the kids.

Pen snob PoHos . . . are there special nibs for lefties? Is there a need for special nibs for lefties?

My son looks like he's been playing with coal all day. His hands are covered in black ink.

There are lots of online resources if you want to spend the time sorting through them all. I like these guys. They have a wide range of pens and inks. You don't have to spend wads of cash.

https://www.gouletpens.com/default

If you want an edged nib look for "Left Oblique"

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom