::Leader Board:: Ahnko Honu Takes The Lead Chapter 22!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sometimes it's bad?

No, hahahaha but sometimes the musicians are just there for the gig, they play their songs, they are constantly checking to see what time it is so they know when to quit, and you can tell they are just overworked or tired.
Then sometimes you get stuff like last night, good crowd, lots of energy, and good songs!

I bought a Pilot Varsity to see if I wanted to get a real fountain pen.

I do!

I'm looking at one of the starter packs on the site TSM provided.

Might take a moment to look up how they work and read up on some first. Just going to use them for notes of encouragement to students. I rarely write these days.

I screwed up dates for a get together. I thought it was today. It turns out it is tomorrow. I showed up just as my friend was taking her dog out for a walk. Tomorrow I have a First Aid/CPR recertification. SMH.

I screwed up dates for a get together. I thought it was today. It turns out it is tomorrow. I showed up just as my friend was taking her dog out for a walk. Tomorrow I have a First Aid/CPR recertification. SMH.
It happens.
Paul and I went to a concert a couple years ago. He didn't want to go. The concert was an hour away. We were a week early. (There were no psper tickets to check the date) I went by myself the next week.

I like Safaris. Flush it with cold water every time you fill. The feeds clog easily.

I like Lamys. I have a Al-Star and a Safari. For a few extra bucks, I think the Al-Star is worth it. Funny, I haven't had any problems with the feed clogging on either-- they are some of the best-writing and most reliable pens I own.

I bought a Pilot Varsity to see if I wanted to get a real fountain pen.

I do!

The Varsity is a surprisingly good pen for so little money. In fact, I think they provide a better writing experience than the Metropolitan, which is the next step up.

You can get some really good pens for not too much dough.

I'm looking at one of the starter packs on the site TSM provided.

Might take a moment to look up how they work and read up on some first. Just going to use them for notes of encouragement to students. I rarely write these days.

Modern pens almost all use either cartridge ink, or converters, which are like refillable cartridges that allow you to use bottled ink. A small number are piston-fills, which means the ink goes directly into the body of the pen. Vintage pens have a wide variety of fill systems, the most common being the lever pen; the pen has a rubber bladder inside, and lifting a small lever pushes all the air out of it, and then releasing the lever draws ink into it.

Here's a nice photo of a Parker Vacumatic to finish off the mini.

ParkerVacumaticBlue80001.jpg

Modern pens almost all use either cartridge ink, or converters, which are like refillable cartridges that allow you to use bottled ink. A small number are piston-fills, which means the ink goes directly into the body of the pen. Vintage pens have a wide variety of fill systems, the most common being the lever pen; the pen has a rubber bladder inside, and lifting a small lever pushes all the air out of it, and then releasing the lever draws ink into it.

I've been a piston-fill purist but I gave it up. The mechanism has failed on a couple of pens and repair is hard to come by. So, for me converters are back in vogue. Their weakness is capacity.

Cartridges don't let you flush water through the feed and nib. They also, when partially filled, are more sensitive to changes in pressure and temperature.

I've been a piston-fill purist but I gave it up. The mechanism has failed on a couple of pens and repair is hard to come by. So, for me converters are back in vogue. Their weakness is capacity.

Cartridges don't let you flush water through the feed and nib. They also, when partially filled, are more sensitive to changes in pressure and temperature.

I don't like cartridges even a little. Like McDonald's drive-through, I'll only use them if there's nothing else available.

Agree on capacity with converters. One fill is about enough for a week at work, so I've made it a habit to flush n fill on Monday mornings. I like the ritual, honestly.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom