::Leader Board:: Ahnko Honu Takes The Lead Chapter 22!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Mama Kitty is dying. She almost 20 and it’s time. I have cleared my calendar and will not leave her side. My heart is breaking, she’s the last pet of my Mom and Dads. She’s had a wonderfully long life and I accept she must pass, but that doesn’t make this any easier.

Suffer with her. Then let your memories heal your heart.

Mama Kitty is dying. She almost 20 and it’s time. I have cleared my calendar and will not leave her side. My heart is breaking, she’s the last pet of my Mom and Dads. She’s had a wonderfully long life and I accept she must pass, but that doesn’t make this any easier.

(((Sally))) Never easy, is it?

New bed means new bedding. I ordered comforter A, then found comforter B I liked better. So I ordered B and canceled A.

A just arrived.

So.... I guess I will have a spare comforter? I needed another one at the cabin anyway...

I have never lived in a house with a dishwasher.

Me neither. Mom always said she didn't need one because she gave birth to two of them. Even if I'm at someone's house that has a dishwasher, I will still help out and do dishes by hand. It's funny to see how some folks are amazed that someone does dishes in a sink!

We currently do not have one.
There are only two of us so it's OK.
I do have to re-wash a dish or pan that Nanilei washes from time to time, I don't say anything.
She sometimes offers to take over doing the dishes while I am washing them because I "take too long" but I just decline.
I have seen/heard family members watching me wash dishes make fun of me for washing the handles of pots and pans. Um, hello, cross contamination during food prep, ever heard of it?
Just like most people do not realize the dirtiest things in the house are doorknobs and light switches.

Yup, one of the kids managed to miss spaghetti sauce on the handle of a pan twice, after being told it was there.

Many, many years ago I had a very horrible room mate, she wouldn't pay the bills despite having money, she'd whine and manipulate, she would use her feminine wiles to control poor saps that liked her, she was a real narcissist. I learned she was terribly afraid of mice. One week, after she had me at my breaking point, I went out to a pet store and bought about 6 mice and let them loose in the house (it was a very, very small house). I heard a scream about half an hour after she got home that evening. Not my finest hour, but I still get a grin out of it.

Poor little mousies.

I've been applying to a ton of jobs. Haven't back from a single one. Most of them, I'm even qualified for and everything! I did apply for a few "stretch" jobs, where I'm pretty certain I could do it but don't technically meet their requirements. I mean, yes, I can do data entry. I freakin' excel at data entry...but I don't have 2 years of experience in it. Seriously, people?

Morning. I’m tired. Not sleeping much. Need a nap. Mama Kitty’s still with us. She had me fooled, I really didn’t think she’d make it through yesterday let alone last night. She’s one tough cookie.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom