::Leader Board:: Ahnko Honu Takes The Lead Chapter 22!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Fixing the system would solve a lot of problems, I think.

***sigh***

It's a terribly complex thing. The individual should do "the right thing" but not everyone has a conscience and people will take more than they need often.

Have you seen the video of the guy with dollar bills taped to him and a sign that reads "take what you need"? It a perfect example of human nature and greed. The woman in a business suit takes a bunch of dollars and a homeless man takes 2.

If I was born and raised in Mexico and hungry, I'd be sneaking over that border to feed my family also.

I married a Half Mexican. My daughter lives with a Salvadorian. My other daughter dates a half Venezuelan.

They are all just brown to us. Some of their immediate ancestors came here legally and some were forced to come here illegally. But they are here and have every right to be here just like my ancestors that were coming here legal or illegal. This is America. The tired and poor thing should still apply.

If they are living on the dole without working or paying their way then there is something wrong with the system, not the people. They are individuals just trying to survive. Fix the system.

Might I add something? There are a LOT of folks who are not immigrants who are not working and who are living off the system, too. So, it isn't a certain people group doing this. It is in all people groups.

There needs to be a better system for all.

Yeah it is a tough thing. Why do the bad apples have to spoil it for so many?

Peace and love.

I saw Aldrine today!
I said Hi as he walked by, but he had earphones in and did not hear me.

an outsider? They are just human beings. Some are asses. They come in all colors and sizes. Why is his "group" above it?

Having been around a lot of people that consider themselves "Hawaiian" that call us Haole in jest, I totally understand it but I don't like it. It's rude in my opinion. Pidgin sounds ignorant to me and disrespectful to the history of the islands. (Remember eubonics?) They are beautiful people and I think they cheapen their heritage by speaking that way. Either speak Hawaiian or English, don't try to slur the two together.

Not sure what my point is here at all but the original point was your friend complaining about people being on the dole. There will always be assholes who take advantage of the system, no matter the state. It happens everywhere. Instead of complaining maybe he should put his energy towards fixing something instead of smack talking haoles, that's all.

Pidgin came about when the Portuguese, Chinese, Japanese and Filipinos tried to communicate with each other in English.

Went to see hale Seabury and Bryan Tolentino play tonight but my wife wore out my kid today and he fell asleep at the table. Only saw 30 minutes.

Good morning Hos

This morning I am actually on vacation. Time to pack, load, and GO! There's a lovely big thunderstorm we have to drive through between us and the Colorado line. We're going to Arizona to escape the humidity.

Good morning Hos

This morning I am actually on vacation. Time to pack, load, and GO! There's a lovely big thunderstorm we have to drive through between us and the Colorado line. We're going to Arizona to escape the humidity.

Have a good time. And smooth sailing captain.

It's a terribly complex thing. The individual should do "the right thing" but not everyone has a conscience and people will take more than they need often.

Have you seen the video of the guy with dollar bills taped to him and a sign that reads "take what you need"? It a perfect example of human nature and greed. The woman in a business suit takes a bunch of dollars and a homeless man takes 2.

I never believe those "social experiment" videos. a lot of them have been proven as fakes. They make them to get views, that's all.

Yeah it is a tough thing. Why do the bad apples have to spoil it for so many?

Peace and love.

That's the thing, it's not spoiled. The rich are the real thieves, the amount of money spent on the poor is nothing in comparison, the poor are just an easy distraction and scapegoat. And aren't we supposed to be a "Christian nation" anyways? (at least according to all presidential candidates)

Got my tickets for Jimmy. It took a full hour. Terrace level almost center seats. And get this: 6 seats ALL together. That's unheard of at a Buffett concert. It just doesn't happen....like ever.

Phew, that was exhausting.

Congrats glad it worked out!! Every presale I do seems to sell out within 10 mins or the seats are horrible for the price.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom