::Leader Board:: Ahnko Honu Takes The Lead Chapter 22!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Bond, Vaga Bond is job-hunting again.

Ah. How is he with computers? Our Help Desk needs some folks to answer calls and enter tickets. Something tells me he may even do a better job than some of the folks that have been through the help desk turnstile here recently. Hopefully this next crop are keepers.
My company has just accepted three new contracts where we will be the help desk for three other companies. All support calls for all three of those companies will ring our help desk phones.
It is our job to determine if their in-house IT is able to handle the issue, if the person answering the phone will handle the issue (like a password reset or email setup) or if it needs to get escalated to the likes of yours truly. So there have been many young geeks coming from an employment agency and going through training to man the phones. Some of them have been

interesting.

(Fake) Hate you and so envious!!!

Want me to keep rubbing it in? Like when Kehau called up Kamakakehau Fernandez and he sang three songs? They had never played together. They were having a good time. Kehau kept messing with him while he was playing, like she would pretend to do little hula moves and then her hand would dip down and tweak the tuning knob on the ukulele.
There was a lot of Hula too, you could tell that a song would start, and then people in the crowd were just compelled to jump up and dance, and so then they would start over from the beginning so we all got to see the whole dance, it was really fun.
Jeff Au Hoy was there playing steel too.
I asked him to come to Canoe Hut this Friday, I hope he does.
It is going to be Kehau Tamure, Keli, and Uncle Bernard. And Jeff (I hope).
I did not really do too much Live because I knew the sound would be bad since we were so close and we were kind of behind where the dancers were so the view (for video) was poor.

YOU GUYS JUST HAVE TO COME AND SEE IT FOR YOURSELVES.

Ah. How is he with computers? Our Help Desk needs some folks to answer calls and enter tickets. Something tells me he may even do a better job than some of the folks that have been through the help desk turnstile here recently. Hopefully this next crop are keepers.
My company has just accepted three new contracts where we will be the help desk for three other companies. All support calls for all three of those companies will ring our help desk phones.
It is our job to determine if their in-house IT is able to handle the issue, if the person answering the phone will handle the issue (like a password reset or email setup) or if it needs to get escalated to the likes of yours truly. So there have been many young geeks coming from an employment agency and going through training to man the phones. Some of them have been

interesting.

Good people skills maybe sometimes, until his mouth gets the better of him. Does online gaming most of his free time so that's his tech. Has hygiene issues. Would he have/get to live on Oahu?

Good people skills maybe sometimes, until his mouth gets the better of him. Does online gaming most of his free time so that's his tech. Has hygiene issues. Would he have/get to live on Oahu?

Yup, his butt needs to be in a seat here.

We had a record high temperature yesterday. 94 degrees @ O'Hare. The old record for that day was 92. Today is supposed to be 92, which I believe ties the record for today. We have had very few 90 degree days this summer, now we are getting a string of them. And now summer is ending.

I'm exhausted.

And stupid.

In addition to my usual teacher over-workload:

Founding board member of Tri-City Youth Foundation (501c)
-administrative member of that board as well (double the board meetings)
Tri-City Basketball Equipment Manager
- I oversee the equipment, uniforms, logo'd clothing, tournament trophies, end of year awards etc for 26 teams
Zebra Youth Basketball 2025 boys team parent
-team parent must also must sit in on board meetings once a month
-team tournament coordinator
Tri-City Youth Foundation 5th Grade boys team parent
-nobody else would step up; still a little bitter about this one

Plus I oversee three clubs at school; still assistant coach golf (though rarely), and I'm the PTSA teacher liaison (again) because the parents came and shoulder tapped me to ask.

I need to learn the word "NO!"

I'm exhausted.

And stupid.

In addition to my usual teacher over-workload:

Founding board member of Tri-City Youth Foundation (501c)
-administrative member of that board as well (double the board meetings)
Tri-City Basketball Equipment Manager
- I oversee the equipment, uniforms, logo'd clothing, tournament trophies, end of year awards etc for 26 teams
Zebra Youth Basketball 2025 boys team parent
-team parent must also must sit in on board meetings once a month
Tri-City Youth Foundation 5th Grade boys team parent
-nobody else would step up; still a little bitter about this one

Plus I oversee three clubs at school; still assistant coach golf (though rarely), and I'm the PTSA teacher liaison (again) because the parents came and shoulder tapped me to ask.

I need to learn the word "NO!"

I'm whining today, more than usual, because I stayed up until 1:30am doing paperwork for basketball. Not too bad until my alarm goes off at 4:00am to do my "fat-ass morning walk"

So I'm sitting here enjoying a cup of coffee, trying to relax by PoHoing and whining sitting next to a ginormous stack of papers I have yet to grade because I have too much to do.

I'm going to sit and enjoy 9 more minutes before I dive in to this work.

(I wish I were more like Kenvin; He could probably handle this no problem)

interesting.

We have a large crop of contractors who work 2nd tier support. My desk in the office is actually among a bunch of them.

I have been really surprised at what a sharp group this is - Kaiser should hire the lot of them full time and just get out of the contractor business. These guys are great (it probably makes a difference that they're 2nd tier support).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom