::Leader Board:: Ahnko Honu Takes The Lead Chapter 22!

Status
Not open for further replies.
The baby fussed for a minute and is quiet now. He is getting used to bedtime here.

He really is a good puppy.

When he chews on my face or fingers I pop him on the nose and say POP in a funny tone. Now when he does it I can just say POP in that tone and he stops. Yay conditioning.

The baby fussed for a minute and is quiet now. He is getting used to bedtime here.

When he chews on my face or fingers I pop him on the nose and say POP in a funny tone. Now when he does it I can just say POP in that tone and he stops. Yay conditioning.

Aw, puppy!

I've never had a good beer. Or wine.

That keg I drank from at UWC IV was one of the BEST brews I have ever sampled.
German beer at our hotel in Paris was the best bottle beer I have had, DAB, Dortmunder Actien Brauerie. Found it stateside at a fancy beer place once but it was not the same, I'm sure something happened to it during the long voyage.
Belgian beer in Belgium (and Amsterdam) remains my favourite, Duvel I believe.

Oh and wine? France. Don't get me started. Wine, champagne, Armagnac, sigh...

I think my Napa snobbery showed through.

I thought French wines tasted to "loamy" I could distinctly taste dirt. One of the winery guys said because they've been growing for so long that the soil is poor. He's the same guy that was showing off his collection of California wines. He got all excited when we told him we all lived 90 minutes away from Napa.

I think my Napa snobbery showed through.

I thought French wines tasted to "loamy" I could distinctly taste dirt. One of the winery guys said because they've been growing for so long that the soil is poor. He's the same guy that was showing off his collection of California wines. He got all excited when we told him we all lived 90 minutes away from Napa.
My friend's family is old money and all their friends are old money. I ate and drank stuff I could never afford, and had never heard of. His brother in law owns an Armagnac Maison. Kind of spoiled me.
I have had some lovely California wines. I am a big fan of consuming local libations wherever I may be.
Napa Rose at the Grand Californian hotel had some great pairings.

When Holly got obsessed with something during her walk (which happens quite often), I started counting backwards from 5, and when I got to zero, I'd pull her away. I never get past 3 now before she walks away on her own.

Cold is evil.

It's 8 degrees here this morning.

Wednesday was our first really cold day. Mrs Pere told me we're retiring to Arizona.

She followed me to Kansas kicking and screaming. I still feel badly about that. She gets to choose where we retire, two votes to my one.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom