::Leader Board:: Ahnko Honu Takes The Lead Chapter 22!

Status
Not open for further replies.
The only cassette single I ever bought was by a French pop singer named Dorothée. I heard it while traveling in Paris and couldn't get it out of my head. Unfortunately, the song did not appear on any of her CDs (shopping at the Tower Records on the Champs-Élysées-- yeah it was that long ago). So I bought the cassette single. Still a good song...

I liked the shopping better one street over. I don't remember the name but I was able to buy cigars and there was an Armognac (sp?) tasting room, and it just seemed friendlier. Kind of like Sonoma vs. Napa in wine country out here.

I like the way TV adds portray alzheimers patients as docile with a sad smile. I don't know if that is mom has Alzheimer's , but if I had it a while I think I'd be in a constant stare of pissed off.

It's not Alzheimer's - it's just general senile dementia. But yeah - it's not a peaceful thing. Sometimes she's aware that she's not making sense and that the world isn't making sense to her. Sometimes she sees everybody else as the ones with the problems. She gets very angry when she perceives she's being dismissed or disbelieved or talked down to, but sometimes we are just trying to figure out what it is she needs, and in trying to figure that out it seems to her we're belittling her. She accuses us of putting her in the assisted living place - even though it was her idea 5 years ago. She asks for doctor's appointments and then cancels them an hour before they're set to occur, then blames the health plan when she can't get an appointment RIGHT NOW. I spent the afternoon sitting in urgent care with her yesterday. She canceled her appointment on Wednesday because she didn't feel good (isn't that why you go to the doctor?), but then insisted she needed an appointment yesterday - so I took her to urgent care, as there were no available regular appointments yesterday.

Sorry for the brain dump, everyone. This has been really frustrating and gets worse. It's mostly Sheryl and me answering her calls these days. My sister is in the area but tends to not answer her phone or respond to texts. My other three siblings live in other areas of the country.

My mom was a great mom and it's just been gut wrenching to be a part of this decline.

I like the way TV adds portray alzheimers patients as docile with a sad smile. I don't know if that is mom has Alzheimer's , but if I had it a while I think I'd be in a constant stare of pissed off.

Alzheimers patients are almost always agitated and scared, especially after the sun goes down. You need a lot of patience. My mom took care of her mom at our house while I was in highschool, sometimes she literally screamed all night.

Yesterday my dad told me that he named me executor of his estate.

Gee. Thanks.

Yeah - My oldest brother will take that role with my mom. Sheryl currently manages her finances and taxes and stuff like that, in consultation with Jeff. Sheryl and Jeff are both on her accounts.

Yeah - My oldest brother will take that role with my mom. Sheryl currently manages her finances and taxes and stuff like that, in consultation with Jeff. Sheryl and Jeff are both on her accounts.

My oldest brother has that honor too, my sister (the good one) is an experienced nurse and makes all the medical decisions. So far, so good.

right after 'Ninety-nine Luftballons' by German band Neena and 'Walking on Sunshine' by Katrina and The Waves!!!!

Both of those songs are on my "favorites" playlist! I can sing 99 Luftballoons in German pretty much all the way through.

So sorry to hear about your mom's decline, Jon. My mom had progressive dementia, but never had the angry, combative edge to it. (((Carrot clan)))
My grandpa was put in a nursing home right after he pointed a rifle at my grandma. It was right before my wedding. Interesting summer.

Been working on chord melody for Henehene Kou 'Aka (made popular by Iz - the "for you and I" song) I still am kind of stunned I can actually do this stuff. It's like it's been there all along, I just needed to apply myself a bit. This is getting exciting.
Kimo gave me a list of about a dozen songs he wants me to be able to lead and pa'ani for kanikapila. Like I can just do that in about a month. Yeah, right. Well I have basic chord melody and a solo after my first evening of trying the first song in the list.

Crazy.

Sheryl loves Iz's version of Hehehehe Kou 'Aka. The "for you and I" drives me nuts.

Just saw a photo on FB with Sukie, Amy, Nick, Aldrine and Aaron. Nick looks like a giant. I look like a giant next to Nick.

This is the reason I'm squatting in almost every pic with Aaron and Aldrine :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom