::Leader Board:: Ahnko Honu Takes The Lead Chapter 22!

Status
Not open for further replies.
It looks like the sun is going to shine today.
Two days this month we have equaled or gone slightly above the average temperature. All the rest we have been below. Substantially below, like ten to twenty degrees below. I guess it's whichever way to jet stream curves. It would be nice if it would lift to the north so we can get a little of that southwest warmth. But not to the extreme, please.

I woke to shining sun - I just looked out the window and all the clouds are back. Nature is teasing today.

My mom passed in the night, when my sister was at the hospital. (She was napping.) We went in that morning and she was just ... empty. And my dad made a sound I've never heard before.

He took his time in there saying goodbye, then I went and fixed mom's manicure, because weird things matter in those moments.

If you saw the end of that Meryl Streep movie about the lady who can't sing? I saw that soon after and it was spot on, except my mom was more yellow because of the liver disease. Meryl was done up very gray.

Hi, my name's freeda, and I like to depress everyone.

My dad had been in hideous pain for 17 days. He was on massive amounts of morphine, but he still had pain. Even though he was basically in a coma his body was contorted with the pain and the doctors were doing everything they could think of. I wasn't there when he died, but my mom and sisters were. They said he suddenly relaxed, whispered, "I love you, I love you" and then got a smile on his face that they said was the most angelic smile they'd ever seen - and then he was gone. Knowing about that smile and his last words - I felt like he really was all right at last.

Sorry to be a downer...

Actually, the stories about remembering loved ones isn't depressing.

IMO it feels more, not confessional, but reading them you get a sense that it's doing good for you guys and that makes me smile.

James is finally up and about and says his ears don't hurt at all.

Bonus.

We're going to see Black Panther after lunch so we can see Avengers: Infinity Wars when that comes out next week. I kind of want to watch Spiderman Homecoming. I really liked that Spiderman movie. It's the Spiderman I envisioned when reading comic books as a kid. A nerdy, geeky kid that is in awe of his capabilities. I thought the other Spiderman movies Peter Parker was played too cool and confident.

Actually, the stories about remembering loved ones isn't depressing.

IMO it feels more, not confessional, but reading them you get a sense that it's doing good for you guys and that makes me smile.

It’s good to share. Not depressing at all. And probably very cathartic.

Bonus.

We're going to see Black Panther after lunch so we can see Avengers: Infinity Wars when that comes out next week. I kind of want to watch Spiderman Homecoming. I really liked that Spiderman movie. It's the Spiderman I envisioned when reading comic books as a kid. A nerdy, geeky kid that is in awe of his capabilities. I thought the other Spiderman movies Peter Parker was played too cool and confident.

So are you off work for the remainder of the school year?

Bonus.

My interest in superhero stuff ended in the TV stage. I read some of the comics as a kid, mostly Superman and Batman. I watched the original, black and white Superman show on TV, and the Batman TV show later on. I've never seen any of the superhero films.

I guess I'm just not all that interested in them, although I'm sure they're a lot of fun for the folks that are....

My interest in superhero stuff ended in the TV stage. I read some of the comics as a kid, mostly Superman and Batman. I watched the original, black and white Superman show on TV, and the Batman TV show later on. I've never seen any of the superhero films.

I guess I'm just not all that interested in them, although I'm sure they're a lot of fun for the folks that are....

Thinking about it now, I guess the same thing is true with things like Star Trek. I watched the TV show regularly, but have had no interest in the films. I've not seen any of them.

I guess I'm just not much of a movie-goer.

I did see the first Star Wars movie (on VCR), but none of the subsequent ones....

I will be at school next week and I just received an email from the professor for one of my classes. It included a message to wear clothes that can get stained because we're going to be working with materials that could possibly ruin our clothes. I am so ridiculously excited now because I think we're going to be doing some kind of craft project or something. In graduate school! Whee!

I will be at school next week and I just received an email from the professor for one of my classes. It included a message to wear clothes that can get stained because we're going to be working with materials that could possibly ruin our clothes. I am so ridiculously excited now because I think we're going to be doing some kind of craft project or something. In graduate school! Whee!

That's awesome.

Taxes are done and the refund goes into the roof fund.

Vet has come and gone.

Laundry and dishes are rolling.

The only things that are left to do are things I don't feel like doing.

I need a hobby.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom