::Leader Board:: Ahnko Honu Takes The Lead Chapter 22!

Status
Not open for further replies.
He told me he was impressed with my kids and thought they should have won. He didn't know they were my kids until after the competition was over. They lost because they didn't clean up as they went along with their work and there wasn't a clear cut leader in their group.

I didn't know they were being judged on clean up but I can see their point. And isn't working together without a clear cut leader a sign of good group work?!

I'm very proud of them. Their dish looked great (and they say it tasted great too)!

I agree, the cleaning up thing, OK whatever, but I think the leader thing is BS.

I think it's amazing that our NAPA store's inventory is partially dictated by information we get from the DMV. We tell them which zip codes our client base comes from, and they give us a list of vehicles registered in those areas. We then know whether or not to stock parts for specific vehicles, based on how many of them are on the road in our area....

I think it's amazing that our NAPA store's inventory is partially dictated by information we get from the DMV. We tell them which zip codes our client base comes from, and they give us a list of vehicles registered in those areas. We then know whether or not to stock parts for specific vehicles, based on how many of them are on the road in our area....

Big brother is always watching!

Once each quarter we get a list from corporate, telling us which parts to send back, that we'll no longer stock. Those parts are for cars that are no longer commonly registered. We can still get them, but we'd have to order them.

After returning those parts, they send in new part numbers that we didn't stock before, representing cars that are becoming more common.

It's really pretty slick....

Once each quarter we get a list from corporate, telling us which parts to send back, that we'll no longer stock. Those parts are for cars that are no longer commonly registered. We can still get them, but we'd have to order them.

After returning those parts, they send in new part numbers that we didn't stock before, representing cars that are becoming more common.

It's really pretty slick....

The computers also know when we receive each part, and how long it's been since that part has actually sold. Stuff that's been on the shelf too long without selling goes back, even if that model vehicle is still common on the road....

The computers also know when we receive each part, and how long it's been since that part has actually sold. Stuff that's been on the shelf too long without selling goes back, even if that model vehicle is still common on the road....

So, not many parts for my '67 MGB then?

I was just thinking about your "raise"

I won't get another increase in salary for 8 years or so. I'm maxed out except for years of service increments. Maybe it's four more years. I have to check.

Last edited:
I was just thinking about your "raise"

I won't get another increase in salary for 8 years or so. I'm maxed out except for years of service increments. Maybe it's four more years. I have to check.

It was like that for me in the Postal Service. My only hope of an increase, late in my career, was time in service raises or cost of living allowance increases. Neither happened very often....

Two Moore Bettahs put up for sale (and sold) today! That's got to be a record.

My friend Len gave me a heads up and told me to email Chuck.

Like I could afford a Moore Bettah even if I wanted one Hahahahaha

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom