::Leader Board:: Ahnko Honu Takes The Lead Chapter 22!

Status
Not open for further replies.
I was a little taken aback the first time I got called "uncle" in Hawaii.

I know you miss Tanya terribly, but I think it's really cool that you're also getting out and seemingly having a great time!

I'm ok with the uncle thing. First of all,
I have tons of nieces and a couple of nephews that have already been calling me that for basically 25 years now, plus all their various pals.
Next, um hello, I turn 50 in a couple days (now THAT is what I am taken aback about!) and most of the folks that we hang out with are at least 15-20 years younger than us,
so, yeah, like it or not, it is appropriate.
Now, tutu man, that one so far I have dodged! :D
One of my musician friends recently posted a handwritten note from a kid he was teaching at school who thanked him for coming to the school to teach. The kid called him tutu. He is about 26. THAT was funny!

Yeah, it is good to get out, even if it is only for a couple of hours. Nanilei has gone out with her sisters and her nephew a couple of times too. So excited we get to see each other in just a couple days!

So my brain's idea of a nightmare seems to have a recurring theme. They aren't scary, just annoying. It goes down like this, I am in a foreign country or city and can't get home. I either keep missing the bus, plane or whatever or in last night's case I woke up in a hotel/ dorm or something and all my luggage, money and wallet was gone.

I'm ok with the uncle thing. First of all,
I have tons of nieces and a couple of nephews that have already been calling me that for basically 25 years now, plus all their various pals.
Next, um hello, I turn 50 in a couple days (now THAT is what I am taken aback about!) and most of the folks that we hang out with are at least 15-20 years younger than us,
so, yeah, like it or not, it is appropriate.
Now, tutu man, that one so far I have dodged! :D
One of my musician friends recently posted a handwritten note from a kid he was teaching at school who thanked him for coming to the school to teach. The kid called him tutu. He is about 26. THAT was funny!

Yeah, it is good to get out, even if it is only for a couple of hours. Nanilei has gone out with her sisters and her nephew a couple of times too. So excited we get to see each other in just a couple days!

Yeah, tutu would hurt. :)

The first time I got called uncle I'm pretty sure the guy wasn't much younger than me. I know it's respectful and all that but still. Oh. And I was at a restaurant with James and they handed me a "Senior" menu. I think if he would have asked James if he was out with grandpa I would have lost it even though some of my high school friends have grandkids his age. I think it's time for the gray goatee to go again :)

I'm half a year away from my discount at Denny's!

Yeah, tutu would hurt. :)

The first time I got called uncle I'm pretty sure the guy wasn't much younger than me. I know it's respectful and all that but still. Oh. And I was at a restaurant with James and they handed me a "Senior" menu. I think if he would have asked James if he was out with grandpa I would have lost it even though some of my high school friends have grandkids his age. I think it's time for the gray goatee to go again :)

I'm half a year away from my discount at Denny's!

I got "Grandpa-ed" a lot until the boys hit about 16. Around here there are grandparents who are 20 years younger than us.

Last edited:
Kids had the same teachers their parents had. Social networks had been established (and closed) for generations. Around here they will welcome you TO town, but not INTO town. Going on 18 years and I'm still not from around here, despite exercising an important role in the community.

So my brain's idea of a nightmare seems to have a recurring theme. They aren't scary, just annoying. It goes down like this, I am in a foreign country or city and can't get home. I either keep missing the bus, plane or whatever or in last night's case I woke up in a hotel/ dorm or something and all my luggage, money and wallet was gone.
This is why I don't travel internationally.

Those high rents, whether in Hawaii, California, or anywhere else, are crazy.

If people wouldn't pay those rates, they'd come down. Same for high ticket prices, whether it's airlines or concerts . If people wouldn't pay the prices, the.prices would come down.

Sometimes capitalism sucks....

If people wouldn't pay those rates, they'd come down. Same for high ticket prices, whether it's airlines or concerts . If people wouldn't pay the prices, the.prices would come down.

The high rents are a result of the high tech salaries. Forcing people with other jobs away from the area. The news report was about people drawn to the area for the weather and salaries but not being able to afford it even with the good pay.

I blame it on the Eagles. They were the ones that jacked concert ticket prices sky-high. Other artists saw that idiots would pay those prices, and followed suit. Supply and demand....

I blame it on the Eagles. They were the ones that jacked concert ticket prices sky-high. Other artists saw that idiots would pay those prices, and followed suit. Supply and demand....

That's kind of like how I blame Billy "White Shoes" Johnson for all the stupid touch down celebrations in the NFL :)

People have to have a place to live. How can people just not pay those rent prices but still live in that area?

Don't blame the Eagles - blame the idiots who paid the price.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom