::Leader Board:: Ahnko Honu Takes The Lead Chapter 22!

Status
Not open for further replies.
The 9-year-old is reading Paddington.

"What's a S-O-V-E-R-E-I-G-N?"

"A ruler, like a queen."

"Ummm...a nice shiny sovereign?"

"OH! A British coin."

I reset my phone today.

So now, I'm trying to find new ringtones.

I searched for Mario Brothers, and one of the things that came up said "Salsa de Mario."

Apparently, it's the Mario Brothers theme...mariachi style.

I think the organic "benefits" can basically come down to this: if you eat the peel there MAY be less residue on organic produce. If you don't eat the peel, there is no difference.

Keep in mind, too, that organic does NOT by definition equal safe. There are many organic-approved pesticides and herbicides that are just as dangerous - if not more - as the non-organic ones.

In the beginning of the movement organic generally meant that the food was produced on small, local farms using no pesticides or herbicides and compost and animal manures as fertilizer (GROSS generalization). But organic is big business now, even if they don't want that known. The word organic allows steep price increases - out of line with the actual additional cost to produce following the rules.

And if it says organic GMO's are not involved.

I'm not worried about GMOs. As far as I am concerned, nature is the largest genetic modifier there is. Evolution and all that...

That's the problem. The term GMO covers a lot of different modifications.

I'm only concerned about GMO's where they actually inject the seed with the pesticide. I want to avoid those.

Exactly. Nanilei also has a nice KitchenAid commercial stand mixer. She chills the dough after she makes it. She uses a disher to get just the right size ball of dough. All those little things add up to superior execution of the same instructions.

Baking is an exact science.

I love to cook. But I don't bake. I don't do exact. That takes a different type of talent.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom