::Leader Board:: Ahnko Honu Takes The Lead Chapter 22!

Status
Not open for further replies.
I worked this morning until noon, which isn't my usual. Went to lunch with Elaine, then grocery shopping. Now I'm doing little chores around the house, but nothing major.

And.... I'm running out of steam....

Went to Canoe Hut last night.
No band.
I sang some Hawaiian songs karaoke.
Locals always seem to get a kick out of the haole singing Hawaiian songs, and they tell me so too!
Fun!

Sally, so proud of Michael.
He looks great!

Thank you. We are very proud. I am still amazed he's followed through.

IMG_3509.jpg for those of you not on FB, Michael graduated from Boot Camp yesterday. On Monday he will start the training faze for becoming a tanker. We will attend his final graduation on July 6th in Georgia.

Thank you. We are very proud. I am still amazed he's followed through. for those of you not on FB, Michael graduated from Boot Camp yesterday. On Monday he will start the training faze for becoming a tanker. We will attend his final graduation on July 6th in Georgia.

Good for Michael! I'm sure your attendance at his graduation will mean a lot to him....

Thank you. We are very proud. I am still amazed he's followed through.

View attachment 100395 for those of you not on FB, Michael graduated from Boot Camp yesterday. On Monday he will start the training faze for becoming a tanker. We will attend his final graduation on July 6th in Georgia.

Congratulations to Michael! He's working the system. That's great.

Good for Michael! I'm sure your attendance at his graduation will mean a lot to him....

I would have liked to attend this weeks graduation too but at $400 a flight, plus hotel and rental car, we had to pick one or the other.

Congratulations to Michael! He's working the system. That's great.

He called me yesterday and today and will probably call again tomorrow. This was the first weekend they were allowed to leave the barracks and go into town. He ate at IHOP, Krispy Kreme, Sonic, and food at the movie theater. He went bowling and saw 4 movies between yesterday and today. He drank soda, the first he's had in 10 weeks. He has really learned to appreciate the simple things.

Went to Canoe Hut last night.
No band.
I sang some Hawaiian songs karaoke.
Locals always seem to get a kick out of the haole singing Hawaiian songs, and they tell me so too!
Fun!

Out of curiosity.... will you always be a haole...? Any chance of kama'aina or some sort of alternative status ? (From the local point of view . Not the shop keepers :) ) does speaking Hawai'ian fluently affect status? Etc etc....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom