::Leader Board:: Ahnko Honu Takes The Lead Chapter 22!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Glad I use a key. The town over at least 2 cars a week are stolen, super rich neighborhood like 2 MIL houses. Funny thing they always leave the FOB or keys in car.

UWC is coming fast. Do you know when the porta potties arrive? My sister is camping. I don't know which day she is coming though.

Nope. It's been asked by others and it's not answered. Basically if you are coming early, say before Wednesday, you need to deal with it. We are guests on the field. I'm bringing my own this year.

Yes. Hawks will never become doves or vice versa.

"...they shall beat their swords into plowshares,
and their spears into pruning hooks;
nation shall not lift up sword against nation,
neither shall they learn war any more." Isaiah 2:4b.

I read the passage that contains that verse at the Advent service at Oregon Episcopal School when I was in 5th grade. It is the part of the passage that always comes back to me. It gives me hope...for when I don't know, because we're not very close yet, but maybe someday war will be obsolete.

OK. I changed strings on my Beau Hannam. Dealing with a string-through bridge is a whole new level of challenge. Took me about 3 times as long as a tie-bridge and I still don't trust it. Now for a week for the strings to settle.

Speaking of strings - I ordered a set of Aquila GCEA strings for my Kala pocket travel uke. I'm kind of excited about them. I know that chord shapes never change, but the names of the chords change depending on the tuning and that drives me crazy. Now I can play my familiar shapes with their familiar names on my pocket uke! I hope they work well - it's the only brand I've seen with c-tuned strings for piccolo scale ukes.

I've never tried string though bridges. They look like a PITA to change strings. I've heard they really drive the top though. I've thought about converting one of my cheaper ukes to see if it would make a noticible difference, but it's not a high priority.

My custom is a string-through and I love it. Besides the sound (which may or may not be influenced by the bridge type), it is such a clean look.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom