::Leader Board:: Ahnko Honu Takes The Lead Chapter 22!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Canned green beans. I just can't. I remember washing them down with milk as a child and then throwing them up. GACK!

I prefer canned to fresh - the only vegetable I can say that. I don't like them much period, but fresh or frozen green beans are just icky. Now, oven roasted can be amazing...

so along with the cake she got yesterday she bought......a box of pumpkin donuts, 2 pepperidge farm things of cookies, oreo cookies(pumpkin colored), the cake and a small thing of strawberries.....

Today she bought more cookies as well....

Holy cow. That's just amazing.

Only EVERY DAY. Mostly because the ukuleles I really want are kinda expen$ive though. Oh that reminds me, I have to put a couple up for sale. If you want a Kamoa or an all Koa long-neck soprano, hit me up!

No longer lust for ukulele.

Might have something to do with rarely playing.

I prefer canned to fresh - the only vegetable I can say that. I don't like them much period, but fresh or frozen green beans are just icky. Now, oven roasted can be amazing...

I'm going to make some kind of fresh green bean and salmon casserole and you are going to LOVE it. :biglaugh:

Those early morning shifts are great if you can get up - I love being done early and having the rest of the day, but then at 9pm ZZZzzZZzzzzzZzZZZzzzz

I used to work 1:30 a.m. to 10 a.m. in the hospital cafeteria during summers while I was in college. I actually really enjoyed that shift and the customers (cafeteria was open from 2 a.m. to 4 a.m.) were just SO grateful we were there. We would make pretty much anything they could think to ask for and then price it accordingly. There were only two of us there during that shift - the cook and the cashier/gofer.

Actually, that is where you are wrong.

I have only once enjoyed anything with salmon. Our old church's pianist was an amazing cook. His wife was our choir director and together the two of them would host a dinner party for the choir and Charles would pull out all the stops. He made a salmon bisque that was phenomenal. I don't know how he did it, but I ate all I was given. He did a fantastic Moroccan tagine as well...yummmmmmm.

I have only once enjoyed anything with salmon. Our old church's pianist was an amazing cook. His wife was our choir director and together the two of them would host a dinner party for the choir and Charles would pull out all the stops. He made a salmon bisque that was phenomenal. I don't know how he did it, but I ate all I was given. He did a fantastic Moroccan tagine as well...yummmmmmm.

He actually went to the halal butcher and got goat for the tagine.

Do you not like the flavor of salmon?

I wonder if you would like miso-yaki salmon. Sweet-ish with a little touch of salty with lots of umami. It's marinaded and the "salmon" flavor is non existent IMO.

struck out at trader joes....they want help 2-10..which is good short term but I cant work 2-10 for my life

And Trader Joe's is an absolute great place to work. When the second one opened in our town people were lined up around the block to apply. That was like 10 years ago and NO ONE has ever left.

Do you not like the flavor of salmon?

I wonder if you would like miso-yaki salmon. Sweet-ish with a little touch of salty with lots of umami. It's marinaded and the "salmon" flavor is non existent IMO.

I might be able to tolerate that, but salmon flavor? No, thanks....

Is Kris Shapiro the one who raised a flap on the threads last week?

She just departed the FB UU page and there seems to be no love lost that she's going.

No longer lust for ukulele.

Might have something to do with rarely playing.

I must say that my Pono is all I really NEED. It ticks all the boxes - solid Hawaiian Koa wood, excellent craftsmanship, tone, playability - I am very fortunate to have it.
My six-string is also indispensable. I must have that.

All other ukuleles I have beyond those are just gravy.

Which brings me to what I WANT. Of course, I want (in no particular order)
A Moore Bettah. Because Chuck Moore.
A Ko`olau. Because I love my Pono, and hope to support the parent company and get a Hawaiian-made example of the same thing.
A Louis Feu de Mesquita selmer-style - because I just want one, and after playing one, I want one even more.
Note, a Beau Hannam selmer style is an acceptable alternative. I like Beau and his stuff.
A Compass Rose. Because of Rick Turner's connection to the Grateful Dead, and I just like the instruments as well. Hmmm, maybe a redwood and cocobolo 5-string tenor? :D

Conspicuously absent from the list are what many people aspire to - A Kamaka, Kanile`a, KoAloha (Sceptre!), DeVine, the list goes on...
I like all those ukuleles, but if I never own one, no big deal.
I would love a six-string Kamaka tenor, but it is not necessary.
I would also love that Rebel Elysium six-string, or that Maui Music six-string I played at HMS. But I don't NEED them.

I keep trying to like salmon, it LOOKS good, everyone always says how mild the flavor is, but to me it is too fishy. I keep tasting other people's plates, especially when someone raves about how yummy their salmon is,
and NOPE.

Only once I had salmon and actually enjoyed it very much. It was at Morimoto, and it was raw (sashimi). I asked a chef about why did I like this and he replied, "Maybe you just only like fish raw." I asked if that was a thing, and he replied definitely, he has it himself!
I think it is true because I love poke, sushi, sashimi but not much cooked fish.

Does she do it expressly so she can kvetch about how much time it takes to grab the kids?

She just wants to stand there and complain how the bus is late and they are too young to walk up the block because there are predators nearby that are gonnna abduct them. Even though there are absolutely no reports of anything like that happening.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom