::Leader Board:: Ahnko Honu Takes The Lead Chapter 22!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Took me 20 years to get her to have Social Security change it from her ex's surname after we married.

The house loan was the best. Of course loan companies think loan should be in man's name. So first draft had me as borrower. Also had my wife's employment as mine and had her as co borrower and home maker. They had a few other problems too so we had them re write it and put wife as borrower. The lender said well usually the man is the borrower. My wife said I am making the coin here not him. I agreed. So the house is under her and I co borrow.

When I was younger and we used to do silly things like light fireworks on the beach, one of our favourite things to do was toss ground bloom flowers into the surf.
The sound was really cool, and seeing the glowing flowers in the waves was really neat.

I would be horrified to toss stuff into the ocean like that today.

I made a vow to myself that I would NEVER litter once I moved to Hawaii. Period. I have even had small bits of paper like a gum wrapper from my pocket blow out of my hand accidentally and I sprint off after it to make sure I throw it away.

I always collect additional trash and toss it as I leave the beach.

Okay. There has to be a good story behind all that.

My mother was married three times. My father was married four times. Nanilei's mom was married twice. Nanilei's dad was married twice. There are children from each of those marriages except my mother's last marriage.

For convenience's sake, since my mom and dad divorced when I was very young, once I entered high school I changed my last name to match my brother's and my mother's last name. My mom had gone back to using her maiden name and my older brother dropped my dad's surname when he entered college. Previously each of us retained my father's surname up to that point (my father adopted my older brother).
Then two years later my mom re-married.
There was even a time when Nanilei and I thought about switching our surnames back to my dad's surname, but since we don't have any kids it kind of does not really matter.

My current surname is much easier to spell and pronounce than my surname at birth, but I do miss my old name sometimes. I am happy with my current surname now that I live in Hawaii though.

My mother was married three times. My father was married four times. Nanilei's mom was married twice. Nanilei's dad was married twice. There are children from each of those marriages except my mother's last marriage.

For convenience's sake, since my mom and dad divorced when I was very young, once I entered high school I changed my last name to match my brother's and my mother's last name. My mom had gone back to using her maiden name and my older brother dropped my dad's surname when he entered college. Previously each of us retained my father's surname up to that point (my father adopted my older brother).
Then two years later my mom re-married.
There was even a time when Nanilei and I thought about switching our surnames back to my dad's surname, but since we don't have any kids it kind of does not really matter.

My current surname is much easier to spell and pronounce than my surname at birth, but I do miss my old name sometimes. I am happy with my current surname now that I live in Hawaii though.

Interesting story.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom