::Leader Board:: Ahnko Honu Takes The Lead Chapter 22!

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have in the past. Tilapia and albino catfish in the small one, and catfish, bass and spoonbills in the big one along with a few hybrid grass carp.

I have a friend that lives/farms in the Sierra Foothills and stocks his pond with some Florida strain, large mouth bass.

So much fun on a float tube!

I heard about a promo deal where you get a $50 gift card to the movies and a $50 gift card for Cheesecake Factory for $80.
They are building a Cheesecake Factory at the new mall by our house and Nanilei is super excited because she loves Cheesecake Factory. We thought it was opening today
I bought the gift cards. It opens NEXT month on the 19th.
Oh well, at least we have date night in the bag for next month :D

Score!

Our Happy meals out here are still Minions.

I don't know how much of a score it was.
And I'm one for giving things a second use but...
After picking it up out of the street, in about six places, it went right in the garbage can. Luckily all the food was missing, and just the packaging left.

Stormy morning. Thunderstorm began about 5 am and is just tailing off. Probably keep church attendance down a little. Too bad. Preacher is a dork, but the sermon has promise.

Yesterday I resumed working on Elaine's garage project. I moved her car out to the driveway, moved everything out and away from the wall that I'm working on, and started preparations for installing the units I've built.

The largest unit needed to be modified to allow it to sit flat against the wall. That's a shame, as it makes it look half-assed, IMHO. I got that done, and carefully measured to establish the location of the brackets that will mount to the wall to support the upper units. It's important that the upper units and the large, floor-standing unit end up at the same height at the top, as they will be connected together.

Then I made the obligatory trip to Home Depot, for paint, and primed the entire wall. It's dry by now, and this morning I will paint it again, with the color. I made the second inevitable trip to Home Depot, as somehow I miscounted to brackets I needed.

So, paint this morning, then, this evening, after juggling, I can try to install the units....

I'm pretty sure I will not be able to lift the upper units up onto the brackets by myself. They are heavy, and also bulky and awkward. I'm going to have to ask someone for help. It'll only take two minutes to lift them up there, then I'll be able to work with them by myself.

Maybe the sixteen year old kid who lives next door? I just know I don't need to hurt myself trying to get those up there....

Stormy morning. Thunderstorm began about 5 am and is just tailing off. Probably keep church attendance down a little. Too bad. Preacher is a dork, but the sermon has promise.

We have had so little rain that the grass is turning brown.
The rain seems to come from your direction and then either peters out or splits and goes north and south of us. Then it comes back together after it passes us.
No destructive storms, please. But a little water for the plants and grass would be nice.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom