::Leader Board:: Ahnko Honu Takes The Lead Chapter 22!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Four weeks left of school.

my 10th graders can focus for about ten minutes at a time

. . . about six minutes longer than me!

Life on diminished caffeine:

Pour cereal in bowl.
Pour milk on cereal.
Get fork out of drawer to eat cereal.

We used to eat out a lot. Now we eat at home a lot. You have quite a bit more control of you intake when you are making it.
When we eat at a restaurant, most often I will bring half of the entree home for lunch or part of another dinner. Most times the portion is at least twice what a person should be eating at one time.

I bought two grilled chicken wraps at McD's for lunch today. No fries. No cookies. No burgers.

I feel good about it, but one day does not a change make. The trick is to keep it going....

I bought two grilled chicken wraps at McD's for lunch today. No fries. No cookies. No burgers.

I feel good about it, but one day does not a change make. The trick is to keep it going....

I just checked the McD's nutrition information online. My typical daily lunch totals 1100 calories, and 54 grams of fat.

My lunch today totals 540 calories, and 20 grams of fat.

That's less than half of my usual lunch intake....

Calories in Mcdonalds Grilled Chicken Wrap
Nutrition Facts
Calories in McDonalds grilled chicken wrap with honey mustard

Serving Size: 1 serving
Amount Per Serving
Calories 260.0
Total Fat 9.0 g
Saturated Fat 3.5 g
Polyunsaturated Fat 0.0 g
Monounsaturated Fat 0.0 g
Cholesterol 0.0 mg
Sodium 800.0 mg
Potassium 0.0 mg
Total Carbohydrate 27.0 g
Dietary Fiber 1.0 g
Sugars 0.0 g
Protein 18.0 g

I just checked the McD's nutrition information online. My typical daily lunch totals 1100 calories, and 54 grams of fat.

My lunch today totals 540 calories, and 20 grams of fat.

That's less than half of my usual lunch intake....

My normal McD's breakfast is 790 calories, and 33 grams of fat.

My Cheerios this morning were 110 calories and 1.5 grams of fat....

My normal McD's breakfast is 790 calories, and 33 grams of fat.

My Cheerios this morning were 110 calories and 1.5 grams of fat....

I started seeing a diabetic nutritionist and tracking my meals. It's made me more aware of what I'm eating and I'm not snacking nearly as much as I used to. The problem is without the unhealthy snacks I'm only eating about 1500-1800 calories a day and she said I should be up around 2200ish to lose weight in a healthy way.

I'm going to try to eat more veggies but I'll have to think out my meals ahead of time and prepare of the healthier snacks.

I started seeing a diabetic nutritionist and tracking my meals. It's made me more aware of what I'm eating and I'm not snacking nearly as much as I used to. The problem is without the unhealthy snacks I'm only eating about 1500-1800 calories a day and she said I should be up around 2200ish to lose weight in a healthy way.

I'm going to try to eat more veggies but I'll have to think out my meals ahead of time and prepare of the healthier snacks.

The first few days weren't bad at all but now I feel starving all the time and I think that's what always knocks me off track. I just made a bunch of deviled eggs for snacking on in my classroom.

Calories in Mcdonalds Grilled Chicken Wrap
Nutrition Facts
Calories in McDonalds grilled chicken wrap with honey mustard

Serving Size: 1 serving
Amount Per Serving
Calories 260.0
Total Fat 9.0 g
Saturated Fat 3.5 g
Polyunsaturated Fat 0.0 g
Monounsaturated Fat 0.0 g
Cholesterol 0.0 mg
Sodium 800.0 mg
Potassium 0.0 mg
Total Carbohydrate 27.0 g
Dietary Fiber 1.0 g
Sugars 0.0 g
Protein 18.0 g

The sodium! :eek:

Pere's Useful Dictionary

F*cktagious: that contition where one f*ck up leads to another, to another; cascading f*ckups; especially where the f*ckups are seemingly unrelated but dependent.

When in a period of f*cktagion DO NOT ask rhetorically, "Can things get any more f*cked up?" Of course they can. The Universe doesn't do rhetorical questions.

Example: Having to untangle two extension cords before using the shop vac to blow lawn debris, only to find that the guard on the blow-hole of the vac has been jammed in and broken off, then when that's fixed the tubes won't stay stuck in the blow-hole.

Consolation: I got to use a hammer & chisel to get the broken guard out, relieving emotional pressure.

Disclaimer: There may have been a Kona Brewing Longboard involved in the typing of this post.

Pere's Useful Dictionary

F*cktagious: that contition where one f*ck up leads to another, to another; cascading f*ckups; especially where the f*ckups are seemingly unrelated but dependent.

When in a period of f*cktagion DO NOT ask rhetorically, "Can things get any more f*cked up?" Of course they can. The Universe doesn't do rhetorical questions.

Example: Having to untangle two extension cords before using the shop vac to blow lawn debris, only to find that the guard on the blow-hole of the vac has been jammed in and broken off, then when that's fixed the tubes won't stay stuck in the blow-hole.

Consolation: I got to use a hammer & chisel to get the broken guard out, relieving emotional pressure.

Disclaimer: There may have been a Kona Brewing Longboard involved in the typing of this post.

It's never too early for Scotch?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom