::Leader Board:: Ahnko Honu Takes The Lead Chapter 22!

Status
Not open for further replies.
One of my students just gifted me a gallon zip lock bag of vanilla beans. It has to be at least a pound.

She said it's from her family's farm in Indonesia.

One of my students just gifted me a gallon zip lock bag of vanilla beans. It has to be at least a pound.

Holy cow. I would be buying the gallon sized vodka and making scads of vanilla extract.

Holy cow. I would be buying the gallon sized vodka and making scads of vanilla extract.

Phew.

Indonesian vanilla beans are $90.00/lb.

I knew some beans are up to $700.00/lb so I felt a little weird about accepting them.

Great idea!

Thanks

I did it a couple years ago for the family - it was really cool and the extract turned out great (but I used at least double the beans recommended in most recipes I found). I also made some with rum instead of vodka that smelled heavenly. I don't know that it changed anything in the flavor in recipes, but it smelled great in the bottle!

I did it a couple years ago for the family - it was really cool and the extract turned out great (but I used at least double the beans recommended in most recipes I found). I also made some with rum instead of vodka that smelled heavenly. I don't know that it changed anything in the flavor in recipes, but it smelled great in the bottle!

Split the beans, scrape out the guts, and throw everything in a jar and top it off with liquor. Shake daily. I let mine steep for 30 days and filtered it with a coffee filter when done.

Feeling down today. I've been struggling with job happiness lately. My 30th anniversary with this company is next Friday. Today is the 4th quarter all-IT meeting. In the past this meeting has always started with a recognition of employees who have 20+ years of service. It's petty and dumb, but I was really kind of looking forward to seeing that recognition today - and they didn't do it.

Like I said, pretty petty thing to be blue about...but when job satisfaction has been really rough anyway, it's just making me really glum...
But we love you!
Aren't you leaving this job when school is finished? Light at the end of the tunnel and all that..

That wouldn't be a good gift for me. I hate vanilla. I hate the taste. I hate the smell. Ish.

Our company should arrive any minute, for cards and dinner. Fun!

I made vegetable beef barley soup in the crock pot. Just what you need when it's 15 degrees outside. Elaine made chicken salad for sandwiches, too....

Feeling down today. I've been struggling with job happiness lately. My 30th anniversary with this company is next Friday. Today is the 4th quarter all-IT meeting. In the past this meeting has always started with a recognition of employees who have 20+ years of service. It's petty and dumb, but I was really kind of looking forward to seeing that recognition today - and they didn't do it.

Like I said, pretty petty thing to be blue about...but when job satisfaction has been really rough anyway, it's just making me really glum...

((((Jon))))

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom