::Leader Board:: Ahnko Honu Takes The Lead Chapter 22!

Status
Not open for further replies.
I was going to say that is the case with pretty much anywhere...but then I thought about home.

January - it's probably raining
February - it's probably raining
March - it's probably raining
April - It's probably raining
May - It's probably raining
June - It's probably raining
July - It's probably sunny
August - It's probably sunny
September - It's probably sunny
October - It's probably sunny
November - It's probably raining
December - It's probably raining

June and October are the two most variable months.

Like we used to say in Buffalo (and Sukie probably still says in Minnesota), we have four seasons: Nearly Winter, Winter, Still Winter, and two weeks of summer.

Thanks for the condolences guys, she had a great long life, 95. The past 8 months she had several strokes and was suffering so it was somewhat of a relief.

Sounds good. Well deserved peace at the end of a long, good life is a great reward. Peace to you and the family...

Eric Roberts came into the bar one night and had much, much attitude. Billy, who will say anything to anybody, looked him dead in the eye and said "You've got a lot of attitude for someone riding the coattails of their little sister's fame."

Namedrops keep falling on my head...

They are making those illegal out here. Too much air pollution. We have "spare the air" days all the time where you can't use your fireplace or pellet stoves etc.

Pellet stoves in California? I guess maybe up in nor cal.

Eric Roberts came into the bar one night and had much, much attitude. Billy, who will say anything to anybody, looked him dead in the eye and said "You've got a lot of attitude for someone riding the coattails of their little sister's fame."

Okay, this is one of my favorite name drops.

Like we used to say in Buffalo (and Sukie probably still says in Minnesota), we have four seasons: Nearly Winter, Winter, Still Winter, and two weeks of summer.

Our motto is "We have 2 seasons. Winter and road construction".

I was thinking the same. Houses out here could totally benefit from the pellets stoves. Especially since now they are automated so I can have it go on before home kinda like a furnace.

It gets cold in NorCal. Maybe not that cold here in the Valley but it gets cold. We're only in the 50's today.

It gets "cold" in NorCal. Maybe not that "cold" here in the Valley but it gets "cold". We're only in the 50's today.

Here on the West coast we have a totally different understanding of cold than our brethren farther to the East. Your 50s today is a laugh compared to what they've been through this winter.

Here on the West coast we have a totally different understanding of cold than our brethren farther to the East. Your 50s today is a laugh compared to what they've been through this winter.

True.

But it's all perspective and what you're accustomed too. When I took the UU boys out to lunch they both had on hoodies and pants. It was upper 70's and very nice out. When you're used to 90's with humidity, a perfect California day seems a little chilly.

But yes. Back east this winter has been brutal.

I guess that global warming stuff was just a hoax. It's cold!

True.

But it's all perspective and what you're accustomed too. When I took the UU boys out to lunch they both had on hoodies and pants. It was upper 70's and very nice out. When you're used to 90's with humidity, a perfect California day seems a little chilly.

But yes. Back east this winter has been brutal.

I guess that global warming stuff was just a hoax. It's cold!

Hot or cold is relative to your experience. At the Y the sauna is 170 degrees and dry. The steam room is 125 degrees and quite wet/moist. I go from the steam room to the sauna to cool off.

Talk to me about global warming when Sally's lot rent changes to a docking fee.

Teaching kids to sharpen knives on a whetstone today.

Hope I don't need all the extra band aids I bought.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom