::Leader Board:: Ahnko Honu Takes The Lead Chapter 22!

Status
Not open for further replies.
So...I don't like my throat anymore. No temp, no headache, just tons of pain and redness. And tired. I think I might just sleep a lot today.

I asked on Facebook if something is going around. Was told it starts in your head and moves to your chest, and to buy stock in Mucinex.

And maybe he's got what they want. I wish my son had those aspirations. Any direction would make me happy.

He took a welding and a machinist course. He ended up withdrawing from both programs. He said he sucked at both. He has continued with his English and math classes at least. Let's hope he passes those. I've been nagging him to meet up with his councilor and pick classes. He needs to take more classes next symester so he doesn't loss his place in line in the fall. He wants to take the airplane mechanic course and they only offer it in the fall. Students that have been there longer have priority to get into those classes. He was new this last fall so he didn't have a chance.

You're supposed to suck when you're learning otherwise you'd know it already. I had a welding cert in high school. I passed the tests and got my certificate. It's not easy, but it's totally doable.

I practiced welding all the time.

A lot.

It's like any "talent" it takes hours and hours of practice to be "talented."

Yeah, not that into them. Bass is probably my fave pale ale, but IPA? No thanks.

I like the bitterness but I don't like ordering them because it just feels like I'm jumping on the trendy bandwagon.

Stupid I know, but Brown Ales and stouts are my actual favorites.

I like the bitterness but I don't like ordering them because it just feels like I'm jumping on the trendy bandwagon.

Stupid I know, but Brown Ales and stouts are my actual favorites.

I order IPAs all the time. I love them.

I started drinking them years before about 10 years ago because a brewery/restaurant opened up near me and I wanted to try something different. I don't feel like I'm jumping on any bandwagon although I'm hardly a pioneer. I do think I got in on it during it's early stages where it was harder to find good stuff...

Fortunately I love just about all beers. The only ones I'm not wild about are belgians. It's something about the spicing...

I also happen to be wild about wild ales! There's nothing quite like a good sour beer on a hot day. :)

I order IPAs all the time. I love them.

I started drinking them years before about 10 years ago because a brewery/restaurant opened up near me and I wanted to try something different. I don't feel like I'm jumping on any bandwagon although I'm hardly a pioneer. I do think I got in on it during it's early stages where it was harder to find good stuff...

Fortunately I love just about all beers. The only ones I'm not wild about are belgians. It's something about the spicing...

I also happen to be wild about wild ales! There's nothing quite like a good sour beer on a hot day. :)

Hey Nick!

I can't get on board with the sour beers.

To me they taste like somebody screwed up and served it anyways.

Your trip to Japan looked AWESOME!!

Hey Nick!

I can't get on board with the sour beers.

To me they taste like somebody screwed up and served it anyways.

Your trip to Japan looked AWESOME!!

Sours are still a relatively new field so the quality is all over the place. Also they vary so wildly in terms of sourness as people figure it out. :) There is a place in Oxnard called Casa Agria that makes my favorite sours...

Japan was amazing. I want to go back!

And maybe he's got what they want. I wish my son had those aspirations. Any direction would make me happy.

He took a welding and a machinist course. He ended up withdrawing from both programs. He said he sucked at both. He has continued with his English and math classes at least. Let's hope he passes those. I've been nagging him to meet up with his councilor and pick classes. He needs to take more classes next symester so he doesn't loss his place in line in the fall. He wants to take the airplane mechanic course and they only offer it in the fall. Students that have been there longer have priority to get into those classes. He was new this last fall so he didn't have a chance.

Matt has voiced some interest in cyber-security. He picked it up from the shuttle driver in Tampa, she talked about how her son "catches hackers" and apparently he thought that was cool. I'm all for it, it's the only thing he has voiced any interest in, profession-wise.

I like IPAs if they're nicely balanced. It's getting harder to find one like that. The brewers seem to be trying to outdo each other on how much mouth puckering hops they can fit in their IPAs. A few years ago I stumbled into a sports bar in Indianapolis serving beer from a local brewery which made a fabulous IPA. Hoppy, but not too hoppy, and didn't taste like bitter grapefruit rind. I wish I could remember the name of the beer or bar.

It doesn't really matter anymore. I can't have beer. Something in most beers give me severe indigestion anymore. I take sips from whatever beer Sean is having and order myself a stiff drink or sometimes a cocktail.

I like IPAs if they're nicely balanced. It's getting harder to find one like that. The brewers seem to be trying to outdo each other on how much mouth puckering hops they can fit in their IPAs. A few years ago I stumbled into a sports bar in Indianapolis serving beer from a local brewery which made a fabulous IPA. Hoppy, but not too hoppy, and didn't taste like bitter grapefruit rind. I wish I could remember the name of the beer or bar.

I agree, there are way too many hipsters out there trying to be some sort of cooler-than-thou super craft brewers, putting anything they can think of into beer.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom