::Leader Board:: Ahnko Honu Takes The Lead Chapter 22!

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have a ton of money to spend for my class from a Perkins grant. Any suggestions? It has to be "specialty" items not for every day classroom use like textbooks, pots and pans etc. So far I'm ordering colored aprons so I know visually which kids are not where they are supposed to be. I've also ordered a copy of Modernist Cuisine. I have six iPads already so I'm ordering a charging station and lock box as well as protective covers.

I'm thinking a few sous vide machines and a few seal-a-meal machines too.

I have a ton of money to spend for my class from a Perkins grant. Any suggestions? It has to be "specialty" items not for every day classroom use like textbooks, pots and pans etc. So far I'm ordering colored aprons so I know visually which kids are not where they are supposed to be. I've also ordered a copy of Modernist Cuisine. I have six iPads already so I'm ordering a charging station and lock box as well as protective covers.

Stainless steel 20 gallons kettle....with ports for thermometer, spage arm, whirlpool and an imersion chiller or chill plate.

Pasta maker, food dehydrator, chef hats, bar stools, woks, a complete collection of Iron Chef, ukulele cake molds, ukulele popsickle molds, ice machine, 40 lbs of Garri Ijeebu ( I have a connect for that), spices, ukulele shaped spice rack, serving trays, silly straws.

Got up at 4am after not sleeping well and drove to Chicago for a CITES inspection. Around Rensellair we were driving along I- 65 and it was suddenly white everywhere, I had to look directly in front of the car to see the road. It was like a freak mini-blizzard at the same time traffic stopped, and stayed stopped for an hour and a half. There was a wreck just beyond our sight in front of us. Anyways, we made it on time and it went well. I think the inspector might buy a uke from us.

Instant pots? They're very popular right now.

The sous vide machines would be great!

Our school district got a 25 mil donation for a addition to high school. Largest donation to school ever I believe. It will be used for technology and more. My kids will be set up by HS that's for sure.

The sous vide machines would be great!

I just think, what is a college kid or young adult going to have access to? You can teach me all about a rocket ship, but if I can't access one after I graduate, what good does it actually do me?

Just applied for the diversity internship program at the tired hands brewery. In hopes I last the 3 months then have a job with them afterwards. If not the stipend they pay biweekly is quite nice.

Got up at 4am after not sleeping well and drove to Chicago for a CITES inspection. Around Rensellair we were driving along I- 65 and it was suddenly white everywhere, I had to look directly in front of the car to see the road. It was like a freak mini-blizzard at the same time traffic stopped, and stayed stopped for an hour and a half. There was a wreck just beyond our sight in front of us. Anyways, we made it on time and it went well. I think the inspector might buy a uke from us.

I heard that a semi wrecked after sliding about on I-65, down there.

I heard that a semi wrecked after sliding about on I-65, down there.

We were driving US 20 to Michigan City and the road was blocked. There were slick spots in places. We jumped over to US 12 and detoured around it.

Snows a bitch. The inspector part? Very funny but cool.

I just think, what is a college kid or young adult going to have access to? You can teach me all about a rocket ship, but if I can't access one after I graduate, what good does it actually do me?

It also may inspire someone who may not have even thought to be a chef that maybe using all this cool stuff in a restaurant (as a career) might be cooler than they originally thought.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom