::Leader Board:: Ahnko Honu Takes The Lead Chapter 22!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ok so you sign a contract saying you will retest for radon if level is above 4.0 then you will remediate it. So why the eff are you offering me $800 to do it if you agreed to get it done. I mean I want it done and it should be but now I am torn if they are gonna do a crappy job at it and we will have problems later down the line if it's not done correct.

Radon remediation is not rocket science. I had to have it done when I moved into this house-- slightly over 4. They put a PVC pipe through your foundation to draw up air from under your house and exhaust it above your roofline, powered by a fan. It should take a couple hours to install. It reduced our radon reading from like 4.1 to 0.2-- which is less than the radon found outside, in most cases.

And wtf is up with radon?? This has had to be a long time problem but in last 10 yrs it's become a money maker....

My realtor told me the radon standard in the US in absurdly low at 4.0. The standard in Canada is 10.0 or higher before remediation, and in Europe it's like 20. Probably since we're so litigious, but I'll take as little poison gas as possible in my house, thank you very much.

Yeah on FB I almost made a smart ass comment about milk production. But I know it’s about skin to skin contact, they have found it’s very important to establish a connection with the father also and this helps with the bonding of both parents.

You should have. Andrew is a cool kid. He would have laughed. He's used to that kind of humor from his mom's family and Sean. Did you see my smart ass reply to Deg?

Radon remediation is not rocket science. I had to have it done when I moved into this house-- slightly over 4. They put a PVC pipe through your foundation to draw up air from under your house and exhaust it above your roofline, powered by a fan. It should take a couple hours to install. It reduced our radon reading from like 4.1 to 0.2-- which is less than the radon found outside, in most cases.

What are foundations made out of? Most here are concrete. Just curious.

Strings have a huge effect on sound.
You may just have not found the right strings for YOU to like the Kamaka. Nanilei did not like my Kamoa at all until I put Worth Browns on it. I thought my Pono sounded good with Ko'olau gold strings, but it sounds GREAT with Worth Browns - to me anyway.
My Bader uke sounds best with $3.99 Hilo strings.
Go figure!

Tenor Kamaka, right? I like Worth Browns on mine too. If I want a change of something brighter and punchier, I'll put Fremont Blacklines on it.

REALLY crappy day today. And to top it off, one of my students told me they have to move and they might be homeless.

HOW THE HELL CAN PEOPLE LIKE TRUMP LIVE IN OPULENCE WHILE 7 YEAR OLDS HAVE TO LIVE ON THE STREET?!?!?!?

I was almost in tears today when he left.

Today I hate the world.

(((Jan)))

Not that I like the guy, but homelessness existed before he took office. It seems like it's on the rise, which sucks. It's hard to know what to do to help fix the problem.

Last edited:
Ke6n,
I am no Trump supporter, but I am a long-time listener of Howard Stern. When Trump would appear on Stern,
it was all about ratings. Trump said outrageous things because he knew the Stern audience eats that stuff up and it gets him talked about, which feeds his ego. I really would not actually believe anything he says on the Stern show. It is entertainment. I do not think it is fair of the media to portray him as really thinking that way based on what he says on the Stern show.

I mean he says plenty of idiotic stuff on mainstream media.

George says some pretty outrageous stuff on Stern too, frankly I am surprised George posted that as fact.
Of course, George did not decide to run for President, either.

Aloha Rich, just wanted to say cute pics of Holly you have been posting lately.
:D

TheBus ride is almost over. What will likely be TheLongestWeekendEver begins soon.
No Canoe Hut tonight.
No wife.

Sigh.

And don't you dare give me any "you live in Hawaii!" Crap right now.
Everyone I care about is somewhere I cannot get to.
It is grey and gloomy here.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom