::Leader Board:: Ahnko Honu Takes The Lead Chapter 22!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Better acute than chronic.

Just got my test results.

I have a weak, enlarged heart. And a leaky valve. And Afib.

I'm a mess. On Monday I have a consultation for an angio gram(?). They're checking to see if my weak heart is from any blockages. When they do that if they find any they're going to put in stints while I'm already under.

The doctor says she feels good that she can correct whatever it is and get my ticker back to mostly normal but my diet and losing weight are key to seeing my kid graduate, get married, etc.

Oh, and I've lost 21lbs (but most likely most of that is water weight)

I'm a mess. On Monday I have a consultation for an angio gram(?). They're checking to see if my weak heart is from any blockages. When they do that if they find any they're going to put in stints while I'm already under.

The doctor says she feels good that she can correct whatever it is and get my ticker back to mostly normal but my diet and losing weight are key to seeing my kid graduate, get married, etc.

She made it feel like all that was good news.

Gary you just need to relax a bit in Hawaii. Have bites of stuff instead of plates. If you ban yourself from stuff you will be miserable.
You do have my permission to eliminate all Spam though :D

This makes me sad and happy. Keep working your changes.

I had my performance review today.
Feedback was that I am doing solid work. What is unusual is that they want me to be doing more mentoring, assisting, and solutioning (a horrible term but basically it means when a client has an issue or desire I just figure it out) which means my productivity and billable hours will likely go down, but they said today that my productive hours were a bit low.
I know why they are low, because people are always coming to me for stuff, but I do not do a good enough job documenting that in our ticketing system, because I am usually really busy!
So I said I would work on that.
I got a small raise which is always nice.
A lot of the procedural stuff at my company has been in a heavy state of flux for the past two years, and I was able to express my frustrations about not always knowing how to go about stuff 'correctly' so I think it's all good.
I have high hopes for a much better review next year.

Gary, they’re narrowing down the reason your heart isn’t operating optimally.

Where’s that doctor from down under when you need him?

Another Hawaiian musician passed away, Richard Ho'opi'i.
That makes four autographs on my ukulele that may not be replaced.
Rev. Dennis Kamakahi
Eddie Kamae
Richard Ho'opi'i
Henry Kamae

Good for you Damon. Sounds like you’re solid in your position.

Gary, best wishes for an unremarkable angiogram. Hope you won't need any stents.

Gary you just need to relax a bit in Hawaii. Have bites of stuff instead of plates. If you ban yourself from stuff you will be miserable.
You do have my permission to eliminate all Spam though :D

I do that now.

Last night we went to this really good Italian place by our house and Mika ordered my favorite farfalle mixed with chunks of salmon cooked in a white wine cream sauce. I took a bite of salmon with a couple pieces of pasta. Sooo good.

I also tasted James bolognese sauce and it seemed super salty to me. Guess I'm starting to get used to less salt.

I was frustrated I was not losing any more weight in spite of positive changes in both diet and exercise. I now see another 6 lbs. staying away so that's good.
I also noticed when I got out of the shower today some new definition in my trapedzoids so hey SOMETHING is happening.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom