::Leader Board:: Ahnko Honu Takes The Lead Chapter 22!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Don't you think it's really expensive? Especially since Saturday looks to be only a
Jam. And the hotel is pricey, too.
Airfare is cheap,though.

Yeah, and for me the bulk of the stuff like workshops might be better scheduled on Saturday. Sunday is a traveling day for most people.

Internet is down in our office.
For the first time EVER it's not my problem to fix :D

I have my first ceramics class tonight! So excited. Sheryl and I used to "throw pots" when we went to Oregon State but I haven't done it since then. I love doing it, though - this class was a Fathers Day present.

So am I! I have a bunch of stuff to do, but I don't want to do any of it. I just want to sit. But still, I'm bored. Weird combo . . .

I saw the doctor today, and got my prescriptions renewed.

I also got told I'm hyperglycemic. Oh, yay.

He says that if my blood glucose measures 200 or more, even just once, I get diagnosed as diabetic. On Thursday, when my blood was drawn, my blood glucose measured 175.

Today he re-tested it, and it was at 104. Now he's telling me to reduce carbohydrates, and sub in whole grains.

In other words, if it tastes good, spit it out....

He says that if my blood glucose measures 200 or more, even just once, I get diagnosed as diabetic. On Thursday, when my blood was drawn, my blood glucose measured 175.

Today he re-tested it, and it was at 104. Now he's telling me to reduce carbohydrates, and sub in whole grains.

cut out white. White flour, white sugar, white rice, anything containing hydrogenated oils.

Don't you think it's really expensive? Especially since Saturday looks to be only a
Jam. And the hotel is pricey, too.
Airfare is cheap,though.

That hotel is probably pretty expensive for the conference rooms but yeah, expensive. My inlaws live across the street. Not sure if I'm going to stay there or drive up.

Lendle told me Abe Lagrimas will be there also.

I have my first ceramics class tonight! So excited. Sheryl and I used to "throw pots" when we went to Oregon State but I haven't done it since then. I love doing it, though - this class was a Fathers Day present.

I still have an electric kiln.

Sold both my wheels to make room for Mika. I had a really nice 1 1/2 HP Brent and a Skutit Kick wheel that I bought from the local JC when they got new ones. My dad replaced the bearings for me on the kick wheel and it was better than new.

I miss ceramics too. It was so calming.

Don't forget "anything you like" is in the same category.

Even cheaper if I fly in to Oakland.

I want to tell you that I'll definitely pick you up except that I have no idea what will be going on with my school. I won't have a good idea until Septemberish.

Sorry Sukie.

Damon, Mika was in SF today and she called me on the way home "Do you want me to pick up a burrito for Damon at Pancho Villa's?"

I would have said yes, but we won't be on Oahu until July 11. I don't think it would taste that great on the 11th :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom