::Leader Board:: Ahnko Honu Takes The Lead Chapter 22!

Status
Not open for further replies.
I got a couple kilns. One is a good size, for glass though. Although you use them both kinda the same.

The family of one of Annie's friends has a kiln they want to sell. I would love to get set up with a wheel and kiln, but realistically, it would probably go the same way the ukulele building hobby went. :(

Beach day with the youngest child. We're spending a day in Florence. I hope it's warmer and sunnier there than it is here. What happened to our summer weather? I was enjoying the heat.

Brown rice has a consistency of what I imagine grubs having. Kind of a little pop when you bite into each kernel.

The closest thing to grubs I've eaten is roasted silk worms. They were crunchy and chewy. Tasted a bit like popcorn, but slightly sweet.

I had a blast. The instructor was asking people if they had previous experience and I said I'd done a lot of this...25+ years ago. She said, "it will come right back".

She was right! I needed a little help getting my centering back, but by the time I threw the second pot I had it down.

On the "man, I'm old" front - I'm probably double the age of the next oldest student. 6 young women, a teenaged boy, and some old geezer. It didn't matter and all the students seem to be quite nice. Unfortunately it will be two weeks until my next class - next week's falls on Independence Day. I may run in next Wednesday on open studio night and throw a couple more, though.

That sounds awesome. I've always wanted to try.

Beach day with the youngest child. We're spending a day in Florence. I hope it's warmer and sunnier there than it is here. What happened to our summer weather? I was enjoying the heat.

I was hating the heat! The mornings may be cloudy this week, but the afternoons have been beautiful!

That sounds awesome. I've always wanted to try.

Hillsboro Parks and Rec! I'm impressed by the setup they have. No kick wheels, though - all electric. I preferred using kick wheels when I did it at Oregon State years ago.

You can be the weird aunt who sits in the corner with her knitting, muttering things to herself and occasionally informing everybody of the state of your bowels.

Perfect! Except I am NOT discussing my bowels with anyone! Can I have a rocking chair and a cat for my lap? I knit better with a cat on my lap.:cool:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom