::Leader Board:: Ahnko Honu Takes The Lead Chapter 22!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hey Sally and Freeda! Look what I saw on my walk to TheBus this morning! LLR Mobile Boutique!
IMG_20170628_072115456_HDR_edit_1498670882961.jpg

How bizarre. Pineapple pie sounds good.
I remember in Hawaii McDonalds had rice, saimen, and chicken pupu's.

And taro pie, and McTeri Deluxe.
Neither of which I have ever tried.
I just don't eat there.
Sometimes breakfast.
And yes, you can get Spam, eggs and rice and Portuguese sausage, eggs and rice.

Wow so glad I rode TheBus today!
We are flying along in the zipper lane and the freeway is at a standstill.

All of this talk about pineapple is making me crave a pizza with onions and pineapple on it!

Lucky for me, I have a frozen cheese pizza, a can of pineapple chucks, an onion and some mozzarella cheese on hand! YUMMY!

(Not as good as Domino's but pretty close)!

Now that I am off from work for a few weeks, I will have time to play with my Instant Pot and get used to using it. I've only used it to make rice so far.

The net is full of yummy recipes. I can't decide what to make first . . .

Now that I am off from work for a few weeks, I will have time to play with my Instant Pot and get used to using it. I've only used it to make rice so far.

I don't know that pizza would be a good first choice.

Brown rice might be a good option.

I had a blast. The instructor was asking people if they had previous experience and I said I'd done a lot of this...25+ years ago. She said, "it will come right back".

She was right! I needed a little help getting my centering back, but by the time I threw the second pot I had it down.

On the "man, I'm old" front - I'm probably double the age of the next oldest student. 6 young women, a teenaged boy, and some old geezer. It didn't matter and all the students seem to be quite nice. Unfortunately it will be two weeks until my next class - next week's falls on Independence Day. I may run in next Wednesday on open studio night and throw a couple more, though.
That does sound fun. We will next photos of your work.

Question -- do your spouses get jealous of your ukulele friends? Paul
Is"sad" that I would want to go to the SF for the festival. He says I don't want to be with him. It's 4 flippin' (read the real word) days. I've been going to UWC for 9 times and I usually go to one other Uke Fest in between. He was upset I was gone so long for UWC this year -- a whole week! (Which was too long for even me, but I can fix that). He says I have this whole other life he is not a part of. Well...I was astounded he said this. We don't have kids or pets for me to tend to. He makes me pay for these events myself. I just don't get it.

That does sound fun. We will next photos of your work.

Things won't be glazed until the end of August - they will be batching our work for our class and doing it in one shot (well...two shots - bisque and final firing).

Question -- do your spouses get jealous of your ukulele friends? Paul
Is"sad" that I would want to go to the SF for the festival. He says I don't want to be with him. It's 4 flippin' (read the real word) days. I've been going to UWC for 9 times and I usually go to one other Uke Fest in between. He was upset I was gone so long for UWC this year -- a whole week! (Which was too long for even me, but I can fix that). He says I have this whole other life he is not a part of. Well...I was astounded he said this. We don't have kids or pets for me to tend to. He makes me pay for these events myself. I just don't get it.

I'll trade situations, if ya want....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom