::Leader Board:: Ahnko Honu Takes The Lead Chapter 22!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Question -- do your spouses get jealous of your ukulele friends? Paul
Is"sad" that I would want to go to the SF for the festival. He says I don't want to be with him. It's 4 flippin' (read the real word) days. I've been going to UWC for 9 times and I usually go to one other Uke Fest in between. He was upset I was gone so long for UWC this year -- a whole week! (Which was too long for even me, but I can fix that). He says I have this whole other life he is not a part of. Well...I was astounded he said this. We don't have kids or pets for me to tend to. He makes me pay for these events myself. I just don't get it.

Sounds pretty needy. If he's jealous of your ukulele life then he can get on board. He doesn't have to play, but he can attend.

Nothing seems to please Mrs Pere so much as my leaving. She says it takes off a lot of domestic pressure.

She needs to have a housecoat on. And maybe some curlers.

I can do my big, fluffy housecoat! Curlers, no. I hate those things. Mother used to put those wirey ones in my hair and make me sleep with them in the night before picture day. Man, those things hurt!

Last edited:
Question -- do your spouses get jealous of your ukulele friends? Paul
Is"sad" that I would want to go to the SF for the festival. He says I don't want to be with him. It's 4 flippin' (read the real word) days. I've been going to UWC for 9 times and I usually go to one other Uke Fest in between. He was upset I was gone so long for UWC this year -- a whole week! (Which was too long for even me, but I can fix that). He says I have this whole other life he is not a part of. Well...I was astounded he said this. We don't have kids or pets for me to tend to. He makes me pay for these events myself. I just don't get it.

Give him a ukulele and tell him you've booked a flight for him, too!

That will shut him up . . .

My spouse hates it when I leave because he loves me so much! He just pines away while I'm gone. He . . .

Oh, wait. I don't have a spouse.

Never mind . . .

I can do my big, fluffy housecoat! Curlers, no. I hate those things. Mother used to put those wirey ones in my hair and make me sleep with them in the night before picture day. Man, those things hurt!

Worn out pink slippers may compensate for the curlers. I don't suppose you could dangle a half-smoked cigarette from your lower lip? One with a long chunk of ash still hanging from it? No?

Sukie, I'm trying to get Mike to come with me next year, but we'll see. If he can find enough disc golf events in the Indiana area he might come. I'm not sure why I want to share it with him so bad but I just do. I think part of me wants to share the Midwest with him. We can't possibly afford to retire here, maybe that's it.

I'm sorry about Paul, that's not like him usually, is it?

Jon, I think it's great you are doing ceramics. My sister Patti does it. Has most of her life. If you came to the lake you could talk shop with her....hint hint.

Worn out pink slippers may compensate for the curlers. I don't suppose you could dangle a half-smoked cigarette from your lower lip? One with a long chunk of ash still hanging from it? No?

Hm . . . pink slippers . . . better than curlers. OK. And that's a negative on the cigarette! Can't be dropping ashes on my knitting or cats . . .

Just finished a Sarah lesson. She made me cry.

When we spoke on Sunday I told her some of my favorite music, the stuff that first took me to jazz 50 years ago. I mentioned one piece that the cool kids jammed on Saturday night. She had it ready for me to start working on today, but didn't tell me what it was. When she finally spilled the beans I started to cry. It will take months to work it up, but wow!

Just finished a Sarah lesson. She made me cry.

When we spoke on Sunday I told her some of my favorite music, the stuff that first took me to jazz 50 years ago. I mentioned one piece that the cool kids jammed on Saturday night. She had it ready for me to start working on today, but didn't tell me what it was. When she finally spilled the beans I started to cry. It will take months to work it up, but wow!

So cool!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom