::Leader Board:: Ahnko Honu Takes The Lead Chapter 22!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Oh man. How'd the team treat that kid? Well, I hope?

I think they treated him alright, they are a good bunch of kids, but you could tell he was really sad. I made a point of telling him not to beat himself up over it and if he hadn't played such good defense all season, they wouldn't have made it this far.

Shirwin doing their background check, I wonder if the dismissal would keep me from employment....

Did the dismissal expunge things from the record? Shouldn't even be an issue any more, should it?

I'm a very big boy. Easily qualify for obese (sadly) and when I've traveled to certain parts of the country I've felt svelte compared to most people around me.

I know what you mean, I have a beer gut, but by comparison I don't look too bad when I glance around the supermarket.

Getting everything lined up for this loan is crazy. How could people do this and their job. They want so much more verification of things. Its insane.

Our loan for our current house was a nightmare. The way we built and funded the house drove the loan officers crazy, because we bought a bunch of the fixtures ourselves, but our builder reimbursed us for them so the cost would be rolled into the mortgage. That's not the normal way of doing things and the mortgage company kept demanding letters and affidavits that nothing screwy was going on with that money.

This afternoon I got a recheck of Summer at Drs. to see how she is since she took the inhaler. I think we need a allergist and to start to administer shots. I would love to do it at home, I have no problem giving her a shot once a week.

My dad used to give my mom and brother their allergy shots - but normally that wasn't allowed because they want you to be monitored for a half hour to make sure there's no anaphylactic reaction.

Speaking of supermarkets, do you guys ever compare what you are buying to the people in front of you in line. Sometimes I feel like a health nut when I see people buying nothing but soda, microwave dinners, ice cream and other crap. Then other times I see a person with nothing but vegetables, fruit and organic this and that and feel a little guilty. I usually feel like we fall somewhere in the middle edging a little towards the healthier end of the spectrum.

NO! Damn. Another one corrupted by power.

There really is something about teachers moving to administration where many of them lose common sense in pursuit of "following the rules."

They get away from "for the student" to serving the parents demands

Speaking of supermarkets, do you guys ever compare what you are buying to the people in front of you in line. Sometimes I feel like a health nut when I see people buying nothing but soda, microwave dinners, ice cream and other crap. Then other times I see a person with nothing but vegetables, fruit and organic this and that and feel a little guilty. I usually feel like we fall somewhere in the middle edging a little towards the healthier end of the spectrum.

I just count to make sure they have fewer items than allowed in the express line.

A woman ahead of me in the express line last weekend had 37 items. Shocking. SHOCKING I TELL YOU!

Dixie cups are also a reference to ice cream served in those little cardboard containers that come with the wooden spoons. Like a "malted" at a ball game.

Malted? You’re way older than me.

I'm a very big boy. Easily qualify for obese (sadly) and when I've traveled to certain parts of the country I've felt svelte compared to most people around me.

Anything 20 lbs over the doctors recommended weight is called obese.

I think we do fairly well, over all. We don't buy the chips and sweets very much. We do have weaknesses for both hot dogs and ice cream, though....

when I’m putting my stuff on the belt I either give myself a mental high five or tell myself you really could do better Sally.

There really is something about teachers moving to administration where many of them lose common sense in pursuit of "following the rules."

They get away from "for the student" to serving the parents demands

Every administrator should have to go back to the classroom for a year every five years. I’ve been saying that for my entire adult life.

I just count to make sure they have fewer items than allowed in the express line.

A woman ahead of me in the express line last weekend had 37 items. Shocking. SHOCKING I TELL YOU!

Some times the front end manager at our supermarket feels the need to direct people to certain checkout lanes, I guess in an effort to speed things along. Often they will direct people to an express lane, even though they have an excess of items.

I HATE when they do that to me! It never fails that I end up getting the hairy eyeball from the person who gets into line behind me....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom