::Leader Board:: Ahnko Honu Takes The Lead Chapter 22!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Does environment have an affect on yeast with beer like it does for bread?

Temperature does effect it. Cooler temps give off different flavors then if it’s fermented warmer. Also once active ferm is done it’s best to ramp up temp and that makes it active again and cleans up the beer.

Pfft, punctuation who needs that

Planning on estimates for flooring to be refinished, some mason work to be done and maybe the sewer line too. Electric will be looked at maybe next weekend. We need to see when the wife can get her cousin in to look at it.

Planning on estimates for flooring to be refinished, some mason work to be done and maybe the sewer line too. Electric will be looked at maybe next weekend. We need to see when the wife can get her cousin in to look at it.

We are also gonna set up the garage as a paint shop to paint any furniture we want to do before we move everything in.

Temperature does effect it. Cooler temps give off different flavors then if it’s fermented warmer. Also once active ferm is done it’s best to ramp up temp and that makes it active again and cleans up the beer.

No affect from bacteria in the air though?

I guess not, everything has to be pretty sterile and sealed up when you make beer.

No affect from bacteria in the air though?

I guess not, everything has to be pretty sterile and sealed up when you make beer.

They typically use a bubbler to keep air (bacteria) out. I presume it's similar to when we were growing mushrooms, you give the mycelium or yeast or whatever a head start and advantage over the other naturally occuring bacteria.

They typically use a bubbler to keep air (bacteria) out. I presume it's similar to when we were growing mushrooms, you give the mycelium or yeast or whatever a head start and advantage over the other naturally occuring bacteria.

I made beer a few times but I was in high school and we got caught when we put too much priming sugar into one batch. It started popping in the middle of the night in friends crawl space under the house.

His dad was trying to act pissed off at us but years later admitted he was pretty impressed.

So now knuckleheads are flying their drones into the fire areas in NorCal . . . causing the FAA to ground the fire/rescue planes and helicopters.

For some reason my computer will not remember UU forums, so I have to type it in every time I visit the website. The most frequent auto-corrects take me to 1) UFO forum, Rum forum, Smogon forum (Russian book trading), and the Unitarian's forum

For some reason my computer will not remember UU forums, so I have to type it in every time I visit the website. The most frequent auto-corrects take me to 1) UFO forum, Rum forum, Smogon forum (Russian book trading), and the Unitarian's forum

My home computer wouldn't remember my password all of a sudden for about 6 weeks and now as of a couple days ago, I don't have to log in. Not sure what was going on with hat.

Kid comes cruising in late.

Me: "Hey, I saw you out in the hall. Get your butt in here on time."
Kid: Mr. Yoshida, I'm on the football team. We rule the school.
Me: Marching band went to the Macy's Parade, the Orange Bowl and this year the Rose Bowl. FBLA has won the state title NINETEEN years in a row and the NATIONAL CHAMPIONSHIPS SEVENTEEN YEARS in a row. I've been here 16 years and the football team has never been past a league championship and even then only three times.
Kid: But our stands are packed!!
Me: Until halftime. After the marching band performs everyone goes home. You're lucky the cheerleader parents have to hang around until the end of the game.

Yoshida: 1. Football kid: 0

On the topic of why education is important.

Hector: Mr. Yoshida my dad makes bank working construction and he didn't finish high school.
Me: Is the guy who signs your dad's checks out there working with him?
Hector: No.
Me: Be the guy signing the paychecks; not the guy working for them.

I didn't want to ask a stupid question on the bbq forum so I'll ask it here.

What is stall?

Is that when a meats internal temp plateaus at a certain temp without moving for a long time and then move rapidly up from there?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom