::Leader Board:: Ahnko Honu Takes The Lead Chapter 22!

Status
Not open for further replies.
That is really cool! I think they just hired a kid with Down Syndrome in the Deli at Safeway. I don't think he runs the slicer, but he happily weighs out pre-sliced cold cuts, cheese and salad items in the case.
Always a huge smile on his face. It is happy-making to see him enjoying himself being helpful.

The groceries in Bloomington are really good about that, they have a great local resource to help them get employed. As you said, they are always happy to be working. There are a few that love to chat up customers while they bag groceries.

The groceries in Bloomington are really good about that, they have a great local resource to help them get employed. As you said, they are always happy to be working. There are a few that love to chat up customers while they bag groceries.

That would be RL Kid, except that he's very hard to understand. He thinks fast and tries to talk fast, but he garbles his speech and his pronounciation can be quite random. Perils of growing up with two preachers, I suppose. Also, I think we may have tried too hard to understand him when he was young. We didn't make him work to be understood.

(See? I can always find a way to blame myself.)

Thanks all for the mojo it seemed to work out and things are going now. Now all I got to do is get paint and we are all set.

Hm . . . I think you know where to get the paint. Do you get a discount?

Bella seems to be relaxing again. So glad. I'd like to beat the . . . snot . . .out of whoever did this to her.

UzOeSOx.jpg

I'm on a BOAT!

When the wind was blowing and the sea was up, I was WAAAY too busy to snap photos.
I need to ask the other guy on the boat (there were five of us: a kid who is renting a room from BIL, his 45 year old dad, and a lady I believe was the kid's grandmother or perhaps great aunt. She swore she was comfortable on the water and used to sail a lot, but I could see a little fear in her eyes when it got gnarly. The guys were egging me on, but I kept asking her if she was ok. I also did not want to flex the boat too much. Plus, if you nose a pontoon into a big swell at that speed, you Huli (flip) which is NOT good. You either have to head upwind to take the big swells head on,
or fall off wind and slow down. Kind of like driving a low rider over speed bumps. Hit big ones at an angle too fast, and you will mess up the car. Coming back though? You make graceful S turns to line up with the faces and surf.
So fun!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom