::Leader Board:: Ahnko Honu Takes The Lead Chapter 22!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hey Jon, what kind of gloves do you use to place the deflector plate in the bbq?

The forum recommends welding gloves and some forums recommend those "hot hands" gloves.

The Ove Gloves work.

That looks better than Hot Hands.

Thanks.

The bbq forums recommend something about 16" long to protect your arms when reaching down into a kamado. Those ove gloves look great for handling meat if need be.

Hey Jon, what kind of gloves do you use to place the deflector plate in the bbq?

The forum recommends welding gloves and some forums recommend those "hot hands" gloves.

I just use ove gloves - knitted nomex gloves made to replace hot pads in the kitchen. I usually put the deflector plate in before it heats up enough to need gloves, though.

The bbq forums recommend something about 16" long to protect your arms when reaching down into a kamado. Those ove gloves look great for handling meat if need be.

One of my ove glove style gloves is a "Pit Mitt" - same thing but black and with a longer cuff.

Gary, there have been times I genuinely did not see someone when I have merged (or attempted to merge) and once I do see them, I usually try to offer a smile as an apology.
Remind me not to do that in San Jose.

Remember when I lost my phone on my way home from UWC? Somehow all the photos showed up on my new phone except for 1 photo. It took a couple days, but they did show up. I don't understand how.

Magic. Mine is set up to automatically upload all my pictures to Dropbox, even if I don't have wifi, so as long as it has cell phone signal and enough battery, my pictures will show up eventually. I'm guessing yours was set up that way with iCloud, or it found a wifi network it could connect to and uploaded.

Gary, there have been times I genuinely did not see someone when I have merged (or attempted to merge) and once I do see them, I usually try to offer a smile as an apology.

Unless you need some pocket change. 1) open sun roof. 2) piss Gary off. 3) reap the rewards.

No, there were very few cars on the road. This guy pulled up next to me for a few seconds and then moved ahead to cut me off. It was most definitely deliberate.

It was not a meek, my bad, smile. It was a self amused, I'm ****ing with you take that smirk.

No, there were very few cars on the road. This guy pulled up next to me for a few seconds and then moved ahead to cut me off. It was most definitely deliberate.

It was not a meek, my bad, smile. It was a self amused, I'm ****ing with you take that smirk.

I have a sad feeling it had something to do with race. He had a "100% White" bumper sticker in his back window. I just looked it up and it's a skinhead thing.

I have a sad feeling it had something to do with race. He had a "100% White" bumper sticker in his back window. I just looked it up and it's a skinhead thing.

With DACA being rescinded he probably hopes you're going home.

With DACA being rescinded he probably hopes you're going home.

I'm so oblivious that I'm not white that a lot of times I'm shocked when something racially motivated happens to me. Not only am I 4th generation in the US, I'm 4th generation San Jose since 1896.

I can't imagine living somewhere that isn't as diverse as it is here.

I'm so oblivious that I'm not white that a lot of times I'm shocked when something racially motivated happens to me. Not only am I 4th generation in the US, I'm 4th generation San Jose since 1896.

I can't imagine living somewhere that isn't as diverse as it is here.

Yep. It's beyond my scope of awareness. Having grown up in So Cal it blows me away when I encounter a racist.

I do.

I rarely get mad on the road. I know there are a**holes everywhere and I usually just let it go. That smirk after deliberately running me off the road set me off.

You can expect to get cut off at the interchange about once a week. People wait until the last minute to merge over to change freeways and they cut in all the time. What this guy did was intentionally and unnecessary; there was an abundance of room in front of me and behind me. It was 5:45am and there were hardly any cars on the road. He was totally messing with me for no reason.

but yeah, still a little ashamed

needed to vent here

Get a dashcam, record his license plate, report it.

I believe you Gary.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom