::Leader Board:: Ahnko Honu Takes The Lead Chapter 22!

Status
Not open for further replies.
It's supposed to get warm for the next seven days or so. Near or above 90 degrees.

When I was younger and we used to do silly things like light fireworks on the beach, one of our favourite things to do was toss ground bloom flowers into the surf.
The sound was really cool, and seeing the glowing flowers in the waves was really neat.

I would be horrified to toss stuff into the ocean like that today.

I made a vow to myself that I would NEVER litter once I moved to Hawaii. Period. I have even had small bits of paper like a gum wrapper from my pocket blow out of my hand accidentally and I sprint off after it to make sure I throw it away.

I always collect additional trash and toss it as I leave the beach.

I hate litter bugs. Last year I scared the pants off of some rich prick in a parking lot. I was waiting for Tookta and saw this guy in a fancy car just throwing his Mc trash out the window as he was parked there. I walked up to him and said very loudly, "You dropped something" and handed it to him, he looked terrified, took it and thanked me.

I hate litter bugs. Last year I scared the pants off of some rich prick in a parking lot. I was waiting for Tookta and saw this guy in a fancy car just throwing his Mc trash out the window as he was parked there. I walked up to him and said very loudly, "You dropped something" and handed it to him, he looked terrified, took it and thanked me.

When I worked at FedEx sometimes I would drop a almost finished bottle of water out the truck. I would stop and retrieve it because I can't stand seeing it either.

:nana:

Nice!

When I walk through our quad at lunch I purposefully pick up trash hoping that other kids take my lead. If I know a particular kid or group has left the trash I will pick it, bring it to them and show them where the nearest trash can is on campus (they're every 10' or so).

Afternoon. Off to drop more papers at drs. Then Home Depot. Then Costco. Got to pick up wife's car at some point from inspection and also got to get a timing belt ordered for pilot. Oh yea also got to search for more jobs.

Costco needs you!

When I was younger and we used to do silly things like light fireworks on the beach, one of our favourite things to do was toss ground bloom flowers into the surf.
The sound was really cool, and seeing the glowing flowers in the waves was really neat.

I would be horrified to toss stuff into the ocean like that today.

I made a vow to myself that I would NEVER litter once I moved to Hawaii. Period. I have even had small bits of paper like a gum wrapper from my pocket blow out of my hand accidentally and I sprint off after it to make sure I throw it away.

I always collect additional trash and toss it as I leave the beach.

45,000 acres have burned in the Columbia River Gorge this Summer (and still burning) because kids thought it would be cool to throw fireworks over a cliff.

Watching The Vietnam War on PBS. Talking 'bout my generation.

I watched a PBS documentary yesterday for a class about discrimination in the US housing market in the 20th century.

This country was seriously messed up. Still is - but my gosh, it's amazing the ways white people figured out to retain their privilege.

I've always wanted to drop a just-discarded-and-still-burning cigarette back into the window of the car it was dropped from - with that same "you dropped something" message.

:nana:

Nice!

When I walk through our quad at lunch I purposefully pick up trash hoping that other kids take my lead. If I know a particular kid or group has left the trash I will pick it, bring it to them and show them where the nearest trash can is on campus (they're every 10' or so).

One of Emma's best friends dropped by Sunday and the two girls went for a walk to the little pond near us. They came back, picked up trash bags and gloves, and went back to clean up the pond. Good girls!

Afternoon. Off to drop more papers at drs. Then Home Depot. Then Costco. Got to pick up wife's car at some point from inspection and also got to get a timing belt ordered for pilot. Oh yea also got to search for more jobs.

You don't seem to have time for a job.

One of Emma's best friends dropped by Sunday and the two girls went for a walk to the little pond near us. They came back, picked up trash bags and gloves, and went back to clean up the pond. Good girls!

I think I'll go get James a bike today and finally teach him to ride a bike.

The thing is I think he's still too dumb to ride in traffic. He sometimes forgets to look both ways when crossing a street.

I think I'll go get James a bike today and finally teach him to ride a bike.

The thing is I think he's still too dumb to ride in traffic. He sometimes forgets to look both ways when crossing a street.

Are you in a bike safe neighborhood? And are you ready for him to be out on his own? When I got my bike my world expanded from a few block radius to a mile or more.

Granted, I was the third child and pretty much raised myself. But James as first and only? That's a big jump in independence.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom