::Leader Board:: Ahnko Honu Takes The Lead Chapter 22!

Status
Not open for further replies.
::name drop::

I was on one of his shows. I'm chopping cabbage in the background with a sushi knife. "Do not try dis at home. He is a hi wry skilled sushi chef.""

You have to read that in his accent and cadence. I've never been able to find the episode on line but it was a segment on Japanese food and he was cooking tonkatsu.

And I know I've said this here before. He has no accent when the camera is off.

Loved his show.

Who’s the tall good looking Asian cook? That guys hot!!! And no his names not Gary.

You do understand that you're only extending your work year right?

Yep. I understand. Do it most years.

And since I don't control the weather or the decisions to close, I just enjoy it.:cool:

I did get out to the grocery store for more food to cook and freeze. The side roads are ice covered and some are impassible. Good call for tomorrow.

Matt finally went back today after a 2 hour delay.

2 hour delays are probably the best. You don't have to make them up, but the day is shorter - at least for the kids. Around here, a 2 hour delay means teachers go in at regular time.

He's legit.

A lot of those guys are just marketable with no actual successful experience.

Guy Fieri for instance. His restaurants are mediocre at best.
his burgers on cruise ships are good. He’s an entertainer, it’s all about putting on a show. I’m sure if you sat down to a meal he prepared it would be great. It’s when they start marketing themselves the process loses its magic. No one could understand why his huge place in NYC closed. It sat 500 people and was packed every night. Perhaps his self marketing blew up. Who knows.

The trick is to use up all the buffer days without having to add to the end of the year, right? At least, I know our school districts here have some extra days that can absorb snow days without having to extend the year. The kids missed 10 days of school last year due to snow and ice (it was a rough winter!), but I think they only ended having to make up 7 of them.

Yep, there are a few buffer days built in.

I'm not positive, but I know there's a mandated amount of hours you need for the school year so depending on your schedule the number of days varies from district to district. We go 181 days in our district and I'm pretty sure that's ten days more than is mandated.

We go 185.

his burgers on cruise ships are good. He’s an entertainer, it’s all about putting on a show. I’m sure if you sat down to a meal he prepared it would be great. It’s when they start marketing themselves the process loses its magic. No one could understand why his huge place in NYC closed. It sat 500 people and was packed every night. Perhaps his self marketing blew up. Who knows.

I’ve eaten at Wolfgang pucks in Vegas. It was fine but again nothing to write home about and crazy pricy.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom